Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Trying to rebuild an engine

Old 04-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kiyoshi08521 has disabled reputation
Wink Trying to rebuild an engine

I just picked up an LS bottom and a b20 head. Im new to engines the only reason i bought this one if because i got a really good deal on it from a friend. I also picked up some new piston heads as well. My plans are to boost it in the future. The problem i am having now is i have no clue where to start. I havent done much work on engines and im wondering what i can do to it to get the most horsepower out of it. Also is there any random tips you have for someone who has never rebuilt an engine? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:42 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Trying to rebuild an engine

Originally Posted by Kiyoshi08521
I just picked up an LS bottom and a b20 head. Im new to engines the only reason i bought this one if because i got a really good deal on it from a friend. I also picked up some new piston heads as well. My plans are to boost it in the future. The problem i am having now is i have no clue where to start. I havent done much work on engines and im wondering what i can do to it to get the most horsepower out of it. Also is there any random tips you have for someone who has never rebuilt an engine? Thanks for the help guys.
what is a piston head? its either a piston or a head....

and there is a book ...i think its called high performance hondas...you should find it ...and read it from front to back before attempting anything
Old 04-18-2011, 05:43 PM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by Kiyoshi08521

Buy the parts and take it to a shop for disassembly/reassembly, if you insist on doing this yourself buy a Chiltons manual and have fun but i don't expect you to have the proper tools nor ability to get this done properly.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:45 PM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

You really need to start off by BIWP. I you don't BIWP, you will be SOL.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

here is the book i was talking about...books-a-million may carry it also

http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Ho.../dp/1884089631
Old 04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Old 04-18-2011, 05:50 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by nftuatn
here is the book i was talking about...books-a-million may carry it also

http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Ho.../dp/1884089631
I have that book and have read it front to back several times. It is full of great info
Old 04-18-2011, 06:24 PM
In the honda game...

wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet wrx=sweet

well do research find all the internals u want...take it to a machine shop and have them put it together and blueprint and balance it and ur pretty much set. i wouldnt recommend putting it together yourself (lots of measurements and time). i am in the process of building a motor as well. hope this kinda helped haha
Old 04-18-2011, 08:14 PM
herpin and derpin

cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio cbradio

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Quoted again for truth. BIWP
Old 04-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Registered member

Kiyoshi08521 has disabled reputation

thanks guys i have a few books now that im reading through i suppose ill search around Richmond for a good shop that can help me out by putting it together that wont cost me an arm and a leg.

Quick Reply: Trying to rebuild an engine