Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

tras vin# for GSR? where at if its gone

Old 05-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disturbedpup has disabled reputation
Thumbs up tras vin# for GSR? where at if its gone

ok going to look at a car on wed. it has a jdm gsr eng and a usd gsr trans. now... i know where 2 find the vin on the block as to whic eng it is.... but from the pic i seen i know its missing the barcode on the trans. is there a vin stamped into the trans block anywhere? where i can tell what tranny is in it? could be a jdm... he thinks its a usd... i know the sticker like barcode..slash vin# is facing front beside the block bar code.. a us trans should be a y80 right? its not gonna be a drag car or anything. just want a fun car to drive. thanks bros
Old 05-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Don't quit!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia
Default Re: tras vin# for GSR? where at if its gone

Most Honda trans are indistinguishable without that trans code on the front. When I put my jdm j1 in I didn't see any other markings besides the gold decal with the vin. So as far as I know that's it unless you open it up and count teeth and all that shit.

Look at hondaswap.com for more detailed information they have all the info on All the Honda trans usdm and jdm.