Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Trading in a vehicle

Old 07-29-2004, 06:11 AM
skinny white boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJWURM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trading in a vehicle

Do dealerships when looking at your car as trade in take points off for having things such as coilovers, exhaust, CAI. etc..? will they even take it at all?

i have a 99 civic ex and looking to trade it in for a new car, but i have a feeling that i would get much less than what i still owe honda credit..
Old 07-29-2004, 06:21 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Trading in a vehicle

make it stock..
Old 07-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DJWURM
Do dealerships when looking at your car as trade in take points off for having things such as coilovers, exhaust, CAI. etc..? will they even take it at all?

i have a 99 civic ex and looking to trade it in for a new car, but i have a feeling that i would get much less than what i still owe honda credit..
might wanna take all that off if you want to get a good amount for the car
Old 07-29-2004, 06:25 AM
teamULTRASPEED

C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312

return to stock. sell off aftermarket parts.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:33 AM
skinny white boy

DJWURM is an unknown quantity at this point

ahh yes.. didnt think about that one..

thanks guys..
Old 07-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

It depends, take off the easy or expensive mods. Hell when I traded in my car I half-assed through in the stock deck, left all of the amp wires under the backseat and didn't clean it.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

No they don't, but don't expect to get more for the car is you have them.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:48 PM

Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point

The first thing you need to realize is that the dealership is going to low-ball you on a price for your trade in, aftermarket parts or not. If you've still got your stock parts laying around -or can get some cheap- it's a good idea to swap out what you can and sell your aftermarket stuff separately.

The thoroughness of the trade-in appraisal depends upon the dealership you take your car to. Hall Nissan on Jefferson went over my car with a fine-tooth comb bumper-to-bumper and everything in between. Victory Nissan looked at the outside, said "nice rims," and then drove it around the parking lot in first gear for about 3 1/2 minutes. The trade-in price they offered me was $4,000 over what Hall had quoted me earlier the same day.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:44 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by XCELR8
No they don't, but don't expect to get more for the car is you have them.
I disagree. When I traded in my mazda protege5 the dealer told me the car was lowered and that caused a slightly lower trade-in price. I told them I'd take it off and they added $700 to the trade-in price. I've had others say similiar things to me as well.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:51 PM

Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by greygti
I disagree. When I traded in my mazda protege5 the dealer told me the car was lowered and that caused a slightly lower trade-in price. I told them I'd take it off and they added $700 to the trade-in price. I've had others say similiar things to me as well.
That's because it's difficult for a dealership to sell a modified used car. A lot of people are skeptical about buying a car that's been modded. You might know that you used premium parts, and they were installed correctly. However, for all the buyer knows you could have cut the springs to lower it, and left off all the suspension bushings when you re-installed them. I'm going by what trade-in appraisers have told me in the past.

Quick Reply: Trading in a vehicle