Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Torn on what to do... again.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:43 PM
round ii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute
Default Torn on what to do... again.

Since I sold the NSX back in Aug 07' I've been driving around a 95' Integra. Nothing impressive, bone stock LS with 217k miles that I picked up rather cheap from the original owner. Other than some basic things that had to be fixed it's been a good vehicle, pretty reliable and paid for!

The bug is hitting again to buy a new car. My eyes are really set on a newer IS350, but I just don't want to spend the cash.

Well, I know someone in the insurance business who drives a lot. He has an Alpine White 2006 BMW 530i... Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, & Auto Trans - downside is that it has 70k miles, but it does have a 100k mile warranty! We did a quick appraisal with the dealership as he's looking at getting into a new 535i. With the current market and it's mileage we are only going to give him $16,500 on trade. Told him that I'd give him a grand more, upping it to $17,500 and take the trade off his hands.

I'm not sure if I want to do it though... BMW has never really been my cup of tea, especially not the 5 Series. That's a lot of car for a little guy.

Trade-In Value : $18,155 (Good Condition)
Private Party Value : $20,015 (Good Condition)
Retail Value : $24,215

If I finance $17,500 at 6.5% (NFCU) for 60 months I'm looking at $342/month. Also, insurance goes up from what I'm currently paying $29/month.

What's everyone else's input on it?

Last edited by Black Nugget; 11-21-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:45 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22
Default Re: Torn on what to do... again.

As long as you can sell it if you decide it sucks, why not?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:47 PM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave22
As long as you can sell it if you decide it sucks, why not?
That's the only thing I'm nervous about, would I like it? Most test drives are only for a few miles which make you love the vehicle's features over what you currently have, but after a couple months of ownership you're bored with it. You know how I do better than most... I go through cars pretty damn quick.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:50 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

no
Old 11-21-2008, 01:52 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

well yakno i take charitys on integras all day.

but if the cars sell easy, incase you do decide its not for you, id say do it.

but again, just because you have the itch also dosent mean act, no one can die from a itch..... but thats coming from my personal experiences of everything i get something the week after a better deal comes up.... and i miss out.....

but im mostly for it.

<3 you
Old 11-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

a 530 is hardly an invigorating ride, especially if youve owned an nsx. but money wise thats a damn good deal for you, I don't think you would have trouble making money off it.

Last edited by POS DSM; 11-21-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:42 PM
loves quervo

uglyDC2 will become famous soon enough

so no more black land rovers with chrome twankies and ghetto tv?
Old 11-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

I say no. Get something you know you will love and have fun with.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

threeleggedrat has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
Since I sold the NSX back in Aug 07' I've been driving around a 95' Integra. Nothing impressive, bone stock LS with 217k miles that I picked up rather cheap from the original owner. Other than some basic things that had to be fixed it's been a good vehicle, pretty reliable and paid for!

The bug is hitting again to buy a new car. My eyes are really set on a newer IS350, but I just don't want to spend the cash.

Well, I know someone in the insurance business who drives a lot. He has an Alpine White 2006 BMW 530i... Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, & Auto Trans - downside is that it has 70k miles, but it does have a 100k mile warranty! We did a quick appraisal with the dealership as he's looking at getting into a new 535i. With the current market and it's mileage we are only going to give him $16,500 on trade. Told him that I'd give him a grand more, upping it to $17,500 and take the trade off his hands.

I'm not sure if I want to do it though... BMW has never really been my cup of tea, especially not the 5 Series. That's a lot of car for a little guy.

Trade-In Value : $18,155 (Good Condition)
Private Party Value : $20,015 (Good Condition)
Retail Value : $24,215

If I finance $17,500 at 6.5% (NFCU) for 60 months I'm looking at $342/month. Also, insurance goes up from what I'm currently paying $29/month.

What's everyone else's input on it?
I would get the nsx back, great car
Old 11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

have you looked on bimmerforums to see what complaints current owners have? While it sounds like an awesome deal, how long do you think you would have to hold onto it, in order to make $ off of it? I don't see the economy springboarding back real soon. I think you sold the nsx to buy a house right? I know for certain you will get a better return on investment if you put that $17K into your house.