Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Title Question;

Old 06-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Title Question;

I purchased a vehicle from a guy in MD. He was the brother of a man in the military. His brother was the original and only owner since the car was purchased. Well his brother left the car abandoned in his back yard with what he thought was 122,xxx miles on the car. This was back in '94. The car had been sitting there since allowing the motor to lock up and the paint to get destroyed and general dry rot on everything else. When I got up there I had pointed out that he had mis read the odometer and it actually read a really low and suprising 22,xxx miles. Because of this, he just turned the first '1' of the 122,xxx , into a parethesis and put another at the end making it (22,xxx). I haven't taken it to the DMV, (planning on this week) but was wondering, will they accept this, or should I not even waste my time and try to get back in touch with him to get another title?

Thanks,
Old 06-06-2007, 06:43 AM
Registered Member

vwhondaman has disabled reputation
Default Re: Title Question;

My suggestion?

Get a duplicate title. What was done is altered the original document and thus, MVA/DMV will question!!!

Just a thought...
Old 06-06-2007, 07:17 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Depends on the DMV person. They can deny the MD title (altered), issue a VA title with a notation of "Odometer (not actual) 122,000", or just be reasonable and make a notation. They do need to document everything, so personally I would go on a weekday morning to the DMV with a smile and a photograph (digital camera + CVS $0.29 print) of the odometer because they need to scan in everything for archiving.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:45 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

The DMV lady will do whatever makes her job easiest; aka let it slide.