Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Title Problems in Va....

Old 06-30-2011, 05:29 AM
Anti "DONK"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShortyzKustomz has disabled reputation
Default Title Problems in Va....

Ok heres the deal, I bought a bike back in March down in Emporia, Guy was cool, everything check out good except. The title.... Its a good title. He just never transferred it to his name, He gave me the bill of sale from when he bought it and the title which he had already filled his name in as buyer, said the shop made him. I knew it was gonna be a problem, but the guy said he'd help me get it straight. No biggy. I talked to him quite a few times and we had planned to meet at DMV in Petersburg and transfer it to his name and sign it over to me after I moved... So a little over a month later, Im selling the bike, Already got the seller ready to trade me. And guess what, 2 days cant get ahold of the guy I bought it from. He had a prepaid phone when I bought the bike and changed his number once, But let me know as soon as he did. Im going to try calling his work down in Emporia (where I picked the bike up from) and see if I can get ahold of him. Just worried cause he is military. So what are my options? Anyone down in Emporia? Anything else I can do just to get this title straight?
Old 06-30-2011, 05:32 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Title Problems in Va....

Do you at least have a signed bill of sale from him, not the original owner?
Old 06-30-2011, 05:40 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Its called jumping titles and you simply can't do it. If you can't get ahold of that guy, try to get in contact of the person on the title.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:42 AM
Anti "DONK"

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
Do you at least have a signed bill of sale from him, not the original owner?
No...I never thought it would be a problem cause I had been talking to the guy every couple days about the bike and he had been helping me, then I got tied up for a month moving etc. The title is from a shop down that way, I am just worried they'll claim they want their bike back. Bad part is I have dealt with my share of title situations and I knew better but. I had just drove 2 hours to get this bike and assumed it would all be legit
Old 06-30-2011, 05:57 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by ShortyzKustomz
No...I never thought it would be a problem cause I had been talking to the guy every couple days about the bike and he had been helping me, then I got tied up for a month moving etc. The title is from a shop down that way, I am just worried they'll claim they want their bike back. Bad part is I have dealt with my share of title situations and I knew better but. I had just drove 2 hours to get this bike and assumed it would all be legit
Why would you not get any documentation stating transfer of ownership from him to you? It's just like you just stole the bike and stole the title, DMV is going to go all MC Hammer and not going to touch that.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:59 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Why does it matter if it was transferred to his name. As long as it is signed from the Owner before, and not signed by the guy you got it from, then just but your name on the buyer line and go to DMV and put it in your name.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:02 AM
Anti "DONK"

Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
Why does it matter if it was transferred to his name. As long as it is signed from the Owner before, and not signed by the guy you got it from, then just but your name on the buyer line and go to DMV and put it in your name.
His name is in the buyer spot already
Old 06-30-2011, 06:03 AM
superuser

Originally Posted by ShortyzKustomz
He gave me the bill of sale from when he bought it and the title which he had already filled his name in as buyer, said the shop made him. I knew it was gonna be a problem...
Originally Posted by L_U_C_K
was already signed by the middle man.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:04 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

ah, lol... Well GL with that.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:04 AM
Anti "DONK"

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
Why would you not get any documentation stating transfer of ownership from him to you? It's just like you just stole the bike and stole the title, DMV is going to go all MC Hammer and not going to touch that.
Trust me I know, bad part is I brought 2 bill of sales with me to fill out because I was told it was a clean title and never did cause I figured Id just meet him at dmv and do all the transfers at once. I know I dropped the ball, Just trying to figure out my best bet now. Finally found his work number, gonna call up to the Napa where he works and see if hes there on my lunch break

Last edited by ShortyzKustomz; 06-30-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Title Problems in Va....