Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

tires/traction

Old 08-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Justa lil 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough
Default tires/traction

what tires do you all recommend that will give me good traction and will last more than 10,000 miles and that arent too expensive???
Old 08-02-2003, 07:27 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I have Yokohama AVS sports. I love 'em. They're sticky as hell and they'll last more than 10k miles. I've also had good luck with S-03s and S-02pp's. They cost a little more though. I've also heard good things about Kuhmo MXs. DO NOT get those shitty Kuhmos that every body has. They are shit, and they're heavy as hell. Also, do not get Yokohama A520s. For the most part you get what you pay for in tires. For the money I don't think you'll beat Yoko AVS sports.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

where do i get them and how much do you think they will run for 195/60/R14 ???

btw: thanks
Old 08-02-2003, 08:07 PM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by VTECnology
I have Yokohama AVS sports. I love 'em. They're sticky as hell and they'll last more than 10k miles. I've also had good luck with S-03s and S-02pp's. They cost a little more though. I've also heard good things about Kuhmo MXs. DO NOT get those shitty Kuhmos that every body has. They are shit, and they're heavy as hell. Also, do not get Yokohama A520s. For the most part you get what you pay for in tires. For the money I don't think you'll beat Yoko AVS sports.
agreed, kuhmos good for..."i need a tire" and thats it...also, i had a set of yoko's a520 and they didnt last 12k miles...but did handle pretty well...
Old 08-03-2003, 05:07 AM
Registered Member

StreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these parts

Sumitomo HTR ZII, got good traction, nice tread pattern and they are have like a 40000 mile warranty or some shit.
Old 08-03-2003, 05:39 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally posted by is300drifter
agreed, kuhmos good for..."i need a tire" and thats it...also, i had a set of yoko's a520 and they didnt last 12k miles...but did handle pretty well...
My A520s lasted a little while (not that long though). They handled really good at first but after a couple track days they were shit. They still had planty of rubber left but it was just hard as a rock. After that they were probably the least predictable tire I'd ever driven on. There was no warning when they'd let loose and there was almost no chance of recovering when they did. Thats a problem S2000s DO NOT need. In my opinion, if you do any type of hard driving, they are a dangerous tire.

Also, jdm_ef8 guy....Sorry man, I wasn't even paying attention. Yokohama doesn't make AVS sports in your size. You could possibly check into some AVS intermediets (sp?) or the Kuhmo MXs I was talking about. I think Falken makes some pretty good tires in that size as well but I'm not sure.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:53 AM
Rice -4- Life

YeloBlitzEclips is on a distinguished road

i still like the old dunlop sp sport 8000s~ they're cheap, performance isnt great, but acceptable, and they lasted me about 12-13k miles~
Old 08-04-2003, 01:51 PM
EVO VIII PILOT

Frank is an unknown quantity at this point

My 1G Talons handled like crap with Goodyear, and other brands of the like. When I put various Yokohama tires, I became a sold customer. I did put some Dunlop sports on my fiancees car once. I was pretty impressed with those to. Right now, I have the new soft composite Yokohamas that come stock on the EVOs......Good God the grip is badass.
Old 08-04-2003, 04:27 PM
04' TL 6mt/Nav

Blown Crx is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the new Nitto Neo Gen's and they are extremely grippy and a very road absorbant tire, not to mention the very best wet tire I have ever experienced. I only paid $340 for all four brand new. But I don't think they make them as small as your looking for.

Last edited by Blown Crx; 08-04-2003 at 04:29 PM.