VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Is It Time to Let Go (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/time-let-go-488491/)

davilaanf 01-31-2015 05:33 PM

Is It Time to Let Go

I currently have a 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade. I had major repairs done on it last year and I am sure that it can pass inspection this year with no problem. On the other hand, I find myself heavily looking into new cars. With that in mind, just curious what drives other people to let go of their cars before the vehicle has run its course. Any input would be helpful. Thanks ahead of time.

D

804_mini 02-01-2015 05:18 AM

Re: Is It Time to Let Go

I ask myself why I bought that specific car, is that still something important to me, and is it doing what I want to do.

I was in the same place last year with 2004 Mini cooper S. I bought it because I wanted a small fun car that got decent gas mileage. After I graduated I wanted something a little more practice and the mini was due for for some tlc to the suspension.

So I traded it in for a different car and haven't regretted it too much since.

Yardjass 02-01-2015 05:40 AM

I've been resisting the urge to unload my Golf TDI because VW is faggots and they charged me $1200 to fix something on a 3 year old car, after it left me stranded, which was a design flaw that should be a recall item and had nothing to do with me putting wear and tear on the vehicle. It has otherwise been an excellent car that I am very happy with but I simply refuse to own a product that the company doesn't stand behind. I will sell that car within the next year or two despite how much I like it. I'm just trying to wait for a good deal to pop up rather than make a stupid decision right now while I'm angry. Safe to say I'll never buy another VW again though.

A34 02-01-2015 01:00 PM

I've been wanting to sell my Nissan Maxima to get a Miata for quite a bit now. I love the car, but it's been giving me some problems lately. I know it'll be damn near impossible to sell though because of mileage, an accident, and it needs repairs, but I don't want to keep putting money into it.

Travis. 02-01-2015 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Yardjass (Post 8340928)
I've been resisting the urge to unload my Golf TDI because VW is faggots and they charged me $1200 to fix something on a 3 year old car, after it left me stranded, which was a design flaw that should be a recall item and had nothing to do with me putting wear and tear on the vehicle. It has otherwise been an excellent car that I am very happy with but I simply refuse to own a product that the company doesn't stand behind. I will sell that car within the next year or two despite how much I like it. I'm just trying to wait for a good deal to pop up rather than make a stupid decision right now while I'm angry. Safe to say I'll never buy another VW again though.

Toyota/Lexus

problem solved

Yardjass 02-01-2015 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Travis. (Post 8340993)
Toyota/Lexus

problem solved

It's gonna be the POS miata sitting in my back yard as soon as I get it running. It'll be nice to have another beater that I don't have to make payments on or give a shit about.

davilaanf 02-01-2015 03:28 PM

I thought about Toyota Models but with my luck I would buy a year that has an issue with sticky gas pedals or faulty air bags. On the other hand, Toyotas have been known to last a good minute plus not as expensive on repairs. What kind of Toyota do you recommend?

Travis. 02-01-2015 03:42 PM

Really? Every manufacturer has recalls. Toyota takes care of them though. The pedal one was pretty stupid. If you aren't smart enough to put a car in neutral if you pedal gets stuck (or trapped under aftermarket floormats) then you shouldn't be driving. The airbag thing isn't just toyota either, also not any manufacturers fault as they don't produce them.

As far as toyotas go...it depends what you want. You can't really go wrong with most of them, a lot of their engines have been around for a bit.

davilaanf 02-01-2015 04:17 PM

Like I said, overall I know Toyotas are great. A couple of people I know have Tundras or Tacomas with mileage over 200K. Definitely considering a Tacoma.

PIZZABOY92 02-01-2015 04:39 PM

Toyota makes a good product. They do have a lot of recalls but mostly all impost use the same wholesalers for there parts so a lot of the have the same recalls. It just depends on what you are looking for.