Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Tidewater Auto Electric..BOO

Old 03-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Thumbs down Tidewater Auto Electric..BOO

I would just like to warn EVERYONE that this place is one big crock. I had a friend help me wire my car up for the AFC hack (look it up if you dont know) and it ran pretty poor, so we decided we didnt have enough time to tune the car so we put everything back to stock. The car then wouldnt start. we checked everything as quickly as we could as we were getting tired and it was late. The car wouldnt start so a few days later I had the car towed to Tidewater Auto Electric. A place recommended by a friend that said they did good work. They check it out and i go down there later that day. I get a grocery list of things wrong: saying that my distributor is bad, the ecu is bad, and a list of 10 things wrong. I went down there last night to look again this time with eric (nmood) and we started checking fuses. We look at the ECU fuse and guess what? Its blown! We replaced it and left. We couldnt try starting the car because tidewater auto electric had the keys. so my stepdad went down there while i was at school the following day (today) and it started right up. He went in and said you can charge me whatever for that diagnostic you people did, but I will see you in court. They waived the fees and let us leave. Nobody should be screwed like they tried to screw me. they wanted over 500 dollars for shit that was not broken. Tidewater Auto Electric is complete garbage. The BBB will be getting a phone call tonight.

thanks again eric...god bless
Old 03-02-2004, 12:05 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Tidewater Auto Electric..BOO

ouch. Thanks for the notification.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

no problem dude.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:02 PM
-RepLegion

Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc

Been going there for years no prob's They say "could" or "is" bad? Where they finished? I like the hear the other side.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:30 PM
jdm

Durrett Syndrom is on a distinguished road

I'd like to voice my opinion because of 1 person getting fuked over and saying the whole place is shit. What if a new guy fuked up??? that makes the whole business shit? thats the dummest comment i've ever heard.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:01 PM

Phade is an unknown quantity at this point

I can personally say I do not care for their work, or their service. My shop sent 4-8 cars a month to them, and they got so bad, that I dropped them and sent my business elsewhere. Several times I had went down there to pick up the car, and when I go to sign the invoice, it was significatnly higher than what I was quoted. I understand the estimate is just that, but there was specific information on all our cars in the business contract, that any change in the work order was to be given the go-ahead by me. Of course that never happened.

I personally caught them on one occasion doinge exactly as the above person explained, and that was the last straw. I took the business elsewhere.

I would avoid them like the plague.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:30 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Durrett Syndrom
I'd like to voice my opinion because of 1 person getting fuked over and saying the whole place is shit. What if a new guy fuked up??? that makes the whole business shit? thats the dummest comment i've ever heard.
have connections there?
Old 03-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

It is abit rash to say the whole place blows, but I shouldnt have to deal with that...ever. They are tidewater auto electric. they are experts in automotive electrical needs, therefore the basics should be covered. The fact that they overlooked a fuse is absolutely inexcusable. Not to mention they were gonna charge me 500 dollars for shit i certainly didnt need. You see shit like this on 20/20 and dateline all the time. thats why i dont trust mechanics, not to say all mechanics are bad though...far from true. I was warning everyone to maybe take your electric needs elsewhere.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:33 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

this that place on little creek road? I passed it today after not living far from it forever and just finally read the sign.

hahah i dont trust any mechanics..
Old 03-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

StreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these partsStreetEvo is infamous around these parts

We had a bad experience with them when I was working at Hall. We had a customer purchase a van and they wanted a video system installed, so off to Tidewater Auto Electric it went. Well they did the work and the install looked shitty from the get-go. The customers didn't complain too much about it at first. A month goes by and low and behold here comes the van on a rollback. We check the fuses and they have the power wires run to the fuse box(wrapped around the blades on the fuses), all of the fuses were blown. I mean every last one of them. so we replace the fuses and take the van for a test drive to see whats up. We turn on the video system and the van shuts off. The fuses were blown again. We sent it back and they check it and they "can't find anything wrong". The dealership finally got tired of the run-around and sent back all of the catalogs they had given us and told them to take their business and shove it. This was over a year ago and it's still happening? You can't say "well its the new guy", b/c the guy who did the install on the van was supposedly "the best installer" they had.

Quick Reply: Tidewater Auto Electric..BOO