Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ticket situation

Old 05-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Painting Portraits

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VolvoTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ticket situation

here's the deal: i was driving on my way to track practice down groome by harpersville when this kid from school was riding my ass. i was looking in my rear view to watch as this kid was getting closer and i see the cop flick on the lights from the opposite direction (his radar pointed in the direction that i was coming from). the kid behind me slams on his breaks so as not to look like he was riding me and the cop pulls out between the both of him so it goes: me - cop - kid. he goes over to his car first and tells him that he was speeding and i think he ran his license and then walks over to my car to inform me that i was going 43 in a 25. i told him he was on me and he said that he knew but that the radar only got me so he couldn't do anything about it. i asked if he could get him for "following too closely" or at least let me off with a warning since he let the other kid go w/o giving him a ticket even though he told me he was speeding and he said he couldn't do that. and of course since my karma was already rolling i didnt have my license with me since i was going to practice and we just got this car back today and no one but the registration in it so he was not too happy. i was wondering if there is anything i can do since he let the other guy go and the fact that the kid was riding my ass. im basically trying to not have the insurance go up, but i dont wanna sit through one of those classes that are like 8 hours with ignorant fucks or do an ass-load of community service. i would just pay, but im not trying to admit guilt. ideas??
Old 05-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ticket situation

I got as far as "heres the deal:"

Old 05-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Painting Portraits

alright. for those illiterates out there. got caught going 43 in a 25 cuz some guy was on my ass. we were both stopped....i was the only one on the radar. *stop* he got let go, i didn't. *stop* need help. sorry to put it in fucking telegram notation but maybe if you read the same amount of time you looked for that cute little JPEG more things would get accomplished. just a thought.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

DAAAYYYYUUUMMM

HAHAHAHa
Old 05-15-2004, 04:21 AM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

if he was moving when he clocked you i don't see how it's possible his radar would stand in court... if the radar is moving in the opposite direction that you are, then the velocity the radar will see will be your speed + the speed it's moving.

you weren't clear if he was moving or not, but for example, you're doing 25, cop is going opposite at 25, the radar will clock you doing 50 mph.

other than that, there's nothing u can do... welcome to being fucked over by wonderful va cops
Old 05-15-2004, 06:09 AM
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by VolvoTypeR
sorry to put it in fucking telegram notation but maybe if you read the same amount of time you looked for that cute little JPEG more things would get accomplished. just a thought.
BTW.....I dont have to look far.....just a hyperlink to my own server biyatch.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:09 AM

VT_453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by subaruboy
if he was moving when he clocked you i don't see how it's possible his radar would stand in court... if the radar is moving in the opposite direction that you are, then the velocity the radar will see will be your speed + the speed it's moving.

you weren't clear if he was moving or not, but for example, you're doing 25, cop is going opposite at 25, the radar will clock you doing 50 mph.
This would have been true 25 years ago, now most radar is designed for mobile use.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:10 AM
Is it Friday yet?

Originally Posted by subaruboy

other than that, there's nothing u can do... welcome to being fucked over by wonderful va cops
The radar has a compensation mode for tracking another car while in motion.
Old 05-15-2004, 07:07 AM
I drive real slow

subaruboy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by VT_453
This would have been true 25 years ago, now most radar is designed for mobile use.

Originally Posted by Stangsta
The radar has a compensation mode for tracking another car while in motion.
i stand corrected
Old 05-15-2004, 07:17 AM
Painting Portraits

no he was stationary. but im just saying that he let the other guy go regardless of the fact that he was speeding but i still got the ticket.