Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Ticket

Old 07-21-2003, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys ever done 155?...heh heh.........trust me; the new Intrepids the cops use don't do it.......heh heh.....
Old 07-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

ive only done double the speed limit plus 10 on 264... 80 on haygood.... actaully i think ive doubled every speed limit.. on a type of road cept fuckin princess anne.. next to tcc... allways a fuckin cop on that road,.......
Old 07-21-2003, 04:42 PM

stockredciv is an unknown quantity at this point

hah, i got a ticket on PA , cops hide out in the landstown high parking lot
Old 07-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Registered member

socket_ has disabled reputation

dammit, the driver improvement course has no fuckin point... +95% of it is common sense. i had to take 8 hours of that shit when i got a ticket for driving on a minor-road shoulder.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:36 AM

real deal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default R D Ticket

In the state of Va. reckless driving is a class-II misdemeanor--meaning you could POSSIBLY (only possibly) be sentenced to jail if you are convicted of the R D. As a result of the possible jail sentence the law says you HAVE to be represented by an attorney for your trial---unless you specifically sign a court document saying you do not want a lawyer. If you want a lawyer and can't afford one (and if you qualify) the judge will appoint a lawyer for you.. Your problem is the date the fag cop put on your ticket is the ARRAIGNMENT date (not the day of your trial)..Your arraignment is necessary to take care of all the business with the court that I've mentioned above.. It would be very unusual for the court to grant a continuance on your arraignment--but if you get an attorney to assist you with your problem well in advance it is possible.. Don't sit around--take care of this---if you dont show up the judge will issue a FAIL to APPEAR (A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARREST--handcuffs, finger prints, mug shot, and the hole works.. not fun!!) You most likely will get jail time and a fine for FAIL to APPEAR---the judge always gives jail time in my city...GOOD LUCK--it won't be that bad if you take care of this----but remember!!! a physical arrest will follow you the rest of your life---not good.................REAL DEAL
Old 07-22-2003, 12:56 PM

sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey real deal: how many reckless driving tickets have you gone to court for here in Va? I've been to court for 7 reckless tickets since 97.

You do not have to have a lawyer and you do not sign a waiver if you don't have one. You just state verbally that you do not need legal representation.

I have not seen this persons ticket, but the date that is on the ticket is that officers next court date. That is the actual court date. It is the date of the trial; unless you ask for a continuance.

And don't say possibly to jail time; it's a fact. Some judges never give it, some judges always give it. I've been thrown in the holding tank on two different occasions; for the whole day!! Not fun.

If you can't afford a lawyer the judge will let you get one. And grant a continuance.

If you don't show up there will be no warrant for your arrest. Just a huge fine and a loss of your license.

Just get a lawyer. The usual cost is around 500-600 bucks.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:36 AM

real deal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sign Here--this is not an admission of guilt

Well Geek, i've never gotten a ticket--but i've written and given out hundreds of them.. In the ten years that i've been a police officer I think I have the hang of whats going on by now, in fact you sound like quite a few of the people i've given reckless driving tickets to. They, to, thought they knew more about Va. traffic laws than i did. My motive for writing was to give the girl some friendly advice--she has to decide whats going to go down.. When I hit the street tonight and turn the blue lights on some poor citizen, I'll think of you..............REAL DEAL
Old 07-23-2003, 12:19 PM
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

interesting. nothing like havin it come out of a police officers mouth. har har!
Old 07-23-2003, 01:32 PM
<3 My Shrek<3

stockkiagurl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SuBjecT_X2
interesting. nothing like havin it come out of a police officers mouth. har har!
Old 07-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Doin' it

IthinkI1 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a few officers on here. One of the more famous ones hasnt posted in a while......

Quick Reply: Ticket