Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

For those who care, How I run 23.5 lbs on stock turbo and ecu.

Old 08-25-2004, 01:23 AM
Old School Beast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts
Default For those who care, How I run 23.5 lbs on stock turbo and ecu.

Originally Posted by Volkswagen
how are you running 23.5 PSI on a stock AWP K03? is that spiking or is that at redline? also if you were running 23.5psi on a stock k03 and stock ecu, how are you getting enough fuel? the stock ecu would go nuts! and are you making any more power @ 23.5psi than at 17psi because after ~17 psi the stock k03's are pretty much just blowing hot air back into the intake!

just something i was thinking about when i read your signature, im not saying you're lying and i dont know too much about the 1.8t engines since i've never owned one and i dont really frequent the 1.8t boards on vortex but i have somewhat of an understanding of them and i just wanted to ask you how you got those figures.!

Volkswagen made a thread asking me some questions , so i figured i would answer them , the thread was closed but ill make this one. Lemme start by saying I have made over 25 dyno pulls with this setup and also logged the ecu. For starters there is no manual boost cotroller or any n75 (stock boost valve) on the car , both hoses to the charge pipe and wastegate are shut off and clamped. I controll boost with the internal wastegate ONLY. I am using the stock turbo , exhaust and ecu. The turbo is a Borg Warner kkk-03. Very small. So small that the boost falls off at redline , I boost 23-25 psi at 2500 rpm ( no lower rpm than that or it runs alittle lean, Like 13.3 to 1 af) around 5200-5500 the turbo falls out and dies to 15 psi. The only upgrade to the fuel system is a bosh 4 bar fuel pressure regulator ,after 4000 rpm my a/f goes so ricH (about 10.2to1) because the ecu senses what is going on with the engine and dumps fuel like crazy , its very safe , never ever goes lean above 2500 rpm. So with that said , the only thing other than what i have stated is a DIODE , it it placed inline on the map sensor wires and all it does is clamp the voltage of the map sensor to the ecu so the ecu will never see more than 14 or so lbs of boost , keeping the ecu from going into limp mode or others would call it fuel cut. I have made many pulls on the dyno and after about 20 psi i only gain another 8 hp and 14 ft lbs from the extra few lbs. Someone asked if the ecu goes crazy , no not at all , if it one of the most complicated and "smart" stock ecus on the market. It uses multiple knock sensors and whatnot. Some say that after a certain amount of boost your just pushing more hot air , this is simply not true in my case , yes the air is hotter but it is also making more power than at a lower level. I wish i could find my old dyno sheets to show the a/f , but i cant find them right this minute .... need to go to the dyno again. If there is anthing i forgot to add , please ask

Last edited by PoS hYbRiD; 08-25-2004 at 04:14 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:51 AM
21-PSI

1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts1fastGS is infamous around these parts
Default Re: For those who care, How I run 23.5 lbs on stock turbo and ecu.

Ok, sounds good.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:32 AM
aus deutschland

Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen

ahhhhhhh great answers, thanks. but you still are'nt running 23.5 psi just spiking that much.

and the reason i made the thread was because 2-3 other people were curious and had pretty much the same questions and i figured i'd make a thread instead of go through PM so i would'nt have to PM everyone else back the answers...

Last edited by Volkswagen; 08-25-2004 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:13 AM
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

well , it holds 23 lbs from 2500 to 5200 or so im running 23.5 lbs from that rpm range , so what would you call that ??? Its not just spiking , its holding that for some time , then falls off high in the rpm range. redline is only 6500 , or 7000 if you choose ... but i dont.

Last edited by PoS hYbRiD; 08-25-2004 at 04:16 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:50 AM

1.8T3t04e is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Volkswagen
ahhhhhhh great answers, thanks. but you still are'nt running 23.5 psi just spiking that much.

and the reason i made the thread was because 2-3 other people were curious and had pretty much the same questions and i figured i'd make a thread instead of go through PM so i would'nt have to PM everyone else back the answers...
i think i have explained this 100 million times on the 1.8t forum about 2 years ago.
there is a thread in the classifieds with some info about this...
i cant find it, but if i do ill re-post it...
to me a spike of 23psi and holding it longer than any other boost point is running 23psi in my opinion...
when i see the phrase "peak boost" ...23psi is exactly that...
so i guess in order to please some of you people should just start using that phrase more often... "peak boost of 23psi"
he infact made his HP at that 23psi level... if he had not been running 23psi he would have never made the number...
so his signature is 100% accurate.

just my opinion... the turbo starts running out of "breath" after about 5k.
so the actual pressure starts to die down thanks to an inefficient Exhaust setup...
hell i was spiking the stock ko3 at 28-30psi. making 277 ftlbs to the wheels and about 220whp on a stock ecu.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:54 AM

1.8T3t04e is an unknown quantity at this point

this was in reply to some corrado owner that was giving Pos lip about his setup....
Originally Posted by 1.8T3t04e
corrado owners know all !!!!
lol
hi ya corrado guy, im steve, nice to meet you...

his ecu is infact stock...
i made 392whp on stock ecu...
its not hard if you know what your doing, i mean all you have to do is blind the ecu from seeing the actual map voltage and Holy Shit!!! more boost!
then use lemmiwinks to adjust timing...
as for his car needing to make more power...
you must never have seen a stock 1.8t exhaust...
the down pipe is rediculously tiny...
super restrictive...
now lets think about why a stock ECU wont allow a ko3 to spool up to 24psi spikes?
well there 4 devices that deal with boost....
your n75 valve, n249 valve, your mass air flow meter, and your map sensor...
what makes the 1.8t unique is the fact that it utilizes a maf/map system...
it takes readings from incoming air going into the turbo to determine fueling and timing and pressurized air going to the Trottle body via map sensor.

so you solder ona diode to the map sensor and bleed the excess voltage to the ground wire and there you go.... the signal going to the ECU can be held at a certin voltage...
the map sensor system operates on a scale of 0-5 volts...
you buy a zener that 4.7v or 4.3 by 1watt ($.10 aka ten cents if your a retard) and there you have it... your ecu will never see anything more than 4.7v or 4.3v depending on what zener you buy...

the ecu is never touched, only the map sensor is modified....
soooooo now comes the rest of the shit ...
now we have a n75, n249 and a maf...
unplug your maf( the ecu will sense the maf unplugged so it will automaticly rely on its back up map stored in the ecu incase the maf fails...)
next the n249... you basicly unplug every boost line going into it and tee them into each other and delete that piss of shit... basicly if you n75 sees to much boost or the map sees to much boost it will open a valve that releases a Vacuum charge from a vacuum resivour located over coilpack number 4 and releases the charge to the diverter valve causing it to open... an open diverter valve is a boost leak...
when the n249 opens it sends a signal o the ecu and the ecu will close the throttle body plate half way resulting in a 5psi charge...
so its a devil valve... get rid of it...
next we have the n75... the root of all evil int he 1.8t turbo system...
pull it out of the turbo inlet pipe and remove all boost lines...
install a manual boost controller where the n75 used to be...
do not unplug it from its electrical harness or you will get throttle body closure at random...

so there you go...
quick over veiw showing that corrado owners dont infact know shit!
lol

your prices are jacked up bro. peace pizza
Old 08-25-2004, 05:02 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally Posted by PoS hYbRiD
I have made many pulls on the dyno and after about 20 psi i only gain another 8 hp and 14 ft lbs from the extra few lbs.
Originally Posted by PoS hYbRiD
Some say that after a certain amount of boost your just pushing more hot air , this is simply not true in my case
Sure sounds like you're way past the efficiency range to me
Old 08-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Old School Beast

Originally Posted by eng
Sure sounds like you're way past the efficiency range to me
hell ya i am , its hotter air for sure ... not doubting that , but it gives alittle more umph.

Last edited by PoS hYbRiD; 08-25-2004 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:24 PM
aus deutschland

Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen

thanks for all the info and clarifying all that. i get what your saying steve and i totally agree...
Old 08-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Fuck a 1.8t.

Quick Reply: For those who care, How I run 23.5 lbs on stock turbo and ecu.