Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Thinking of ditching the Tundra Rock Warrior for a Honda CR-Z Hybrid

Old 08-13-2014, 03:33 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: Thinking of ditching the Tundra Rock Warrior for a Honda CR-Z Hybrid

I think it was Chris G who had a CRZ and hated it.

Buy a 300 5speed metro, get 47mpg, spend less than 80 a month on insurance. Profit.

I literally go like 1, to 1.5 months a year on gas
Old 08-13-2014, 04:10 PM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default Re: Thinking of ditching the Tundra Rock Warrior for a Honda CR-Z Hybrid

Originally Posted by sidewaysil80
Frankly I see no point in hybrids anymore. Most compact cars (i.e. Mazda 2, Toyota Yaris, etc.) attain near hybrid like MPG's and cost a considerable amount less. It used to be the only way to attain high MPG's was through a hybrid, but now even entry level/sub $12k cars get incredibly high MPG's.

Prime example, Nissan Versa gets 40mpg @ $11k VS Toyota Prius getting 50mpg @ $23k. Based on that example the extra 10mpg of the Prius isn't worth the extra $250 a month price difference.
This. And the 20 mpg to 30 mpg jump saves you more than a 40 to 50 jump. Really whatever gets you good MPG's for cheap I s what you want. You just have to decide how much you are willing to pay, and how much extra creature comfort shit you want.

Also, I have driven a CRZ as well and it was thoroughly disappointing. I bet the one with the Jackson kit is fun but fuck the normal one.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

as a relatively new DD is the CRZ that bad. i mean i live in VB and commute to NN everyday, i do take HRT bus right now as im provided a free pass but that may go away at anytime.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:14 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

U take a bus from VB to NN daily?

I'd lose my shit first week and kill someone...
Old 08-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by ufctapout
U take a bus from VB to NN daily?

I'd lose my shit first week and kill someone...
Today was one of those days. Got off at 4:00, catch 4:30 bus home, dfoahnbdsfnbiausgd;ouhabdfsoigusdfpiugadfsouhgadsf hg get home at 7:00pm.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:05 PM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Decided on this... found a great deal and its averaging about 27mpg and 31+ highway. Been reading A LOT of reviews and it has everything I essentially wanted when I bought the Tundra... minus the bed

AWD, CVT Tranny, Nice seats, back seats, cargo area, seats fold down and its SLICK and reasonably priced for what it is!

Going to attempt to haggle tomorrow.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Registered member

valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1

^i really like those but not sure the the Nismo package is worth the extra cost. What about a new Mazda3 or Golf hatch?
Old 08-13-2014, 07:26 PM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Originally Posted by valdaviper1
^i really like those but not sure the the Nismo package is worth the extra cost. What about a new Mazda3 or Golf hatch?
To me its not that bad of a price increase for how much better the car looks.. lol
Old 08-13-2014, 07:42 PM
Turtle Salad

EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi EGon10psi

I have been searching for the same thing for my wife for 4 months now. Good gas mileage, dependable, newer, and good looks.

I am down to the Fit, Elantra, Sonata, Focus, or Cruze.

I am very picky and need it loaded and white. But I want to buy used from a private seller to save on dealers fees etc and it is very hard to find a 2011 and up that someone is not upside down on.

That Juke looks nice but I don't want to know the premium you are paying for the Nismo version. It probably will offset what you are trying to save in the long run. Up to you though. I would much rather have a Ford Focus Titanium.

Last edited by EGon10psi; 08-13-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:03 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Of the Fit, Elantra, Sonata, Focus, or Cruze I'd order as such....

- Fit Sport
- Titanium Focus
- SE or Limited Sonata
- Limited Elantra

The Cruze is cheap but "feels" like a Daewoo; there just isn't any quality to the car. Not to mention GM has recalled damn near everything lately; the 2013-2014 1.4 turbo Cruze had a problem with disintegrating driveshafts. The automatic is slow and slushy and the manual is completely numb.

The second owner and beyond for any newer 2011+ Hyundai product gets 5 years / 60k mile powertrain warranty which is pretty unbeatable.

The Nissan product is another alternative, I just don't particularly care for the way a CVT drives...just doesn't feel natural. Well equipped Sentras (SR/SL) and SL Versas can be had for not a lot of money.

Both Nissan and Hyundai will begin dumping their off-lease inventory here over the next few months, so if you can hold out for a little bit the market will get a little softer with lots of options to choose from.

Lots of good options to choose from in the small / economy car segment right now, just pick what you like and you can't really go wrong.

EDIT:

For what its worth, I bought a 2003 VW Golf GL TDI 2 door hatch last month. I've only put a few hundred miles on the car but I'm averaging 48.5mpg currently with a 80% highway / 20% city mix.

Last edited by Flinch; 08-13-2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: more info

Quick Reply: Thinking of ditching the Tundra Rock Warrior for a Honda CR-Z Hybrid