Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Thinking of ditching the Tundra Rock Warrior for a Honda CR-Z Hybrid

Old 08-12-2014, 10:03 AM
MARK IT ZERO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: Thinking of ditching the Tundra Rock Warrior for a Honda CR-Z Hybrid

One thing I will say about the Fit, even thought I love the car as a whole, the gas tank is annoyingly small. It only holds 10 gallons. So even though it gets great fuel economy, you still have to stop every 300-330 miles and fill up again. I drive a ton so frequent trips to the gas pump get old after a while.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:46 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass
Default Re: Thinking of ditching the Tundra Rock Warrior for a Honda CR-Z Hybrid

Another vote for the TDI. I get high 40's daily driving to work on the highway in my stock TDI. Get one and chip it. It will be even more efficient.

Another idea to consider is just buying a cheap gas sipper like an old civic for a few grand and keep the truck. You will literally save the entire cost of the car that you bought just in fuel savings, and it won't take but maybe 40,000 miles of travel. Usually these beaters bring down your insurance payment too.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:05 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Well the biggest reason is to get rid of the $510 a month truck payment... I think I will go with the TDI or the CR-Z, Carmax is transferring one so I can test drive it!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:06 AM
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Originally Posted by ufctapout
I can sort of relate.

I had a 2010 Tacoma (doublecab/prerunner) that I bought new and loved.

My employer moved, so my commute each way went from 5 miles to almost 20 miles.

After about a month I came to the realization that I was going to be broke just paying for gas.

Traded the Taco in for a 2012 Honda Fit Sport, and I love it. Getting 32mpg, and that's with a shitload of city and stop/go tunnel traffic.

It's certainly a compromise, and you lose the utility that a truck offers, but I haven't regretted it at all.
So basically... The only difference is you get a back seat and non hybrid with the FIT/CR-z
Old 08-12-2014, 12:39 PM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Fusion hybrid. I had one as a government car for 3 years and LOVED it. Super comfortable, rode great, looked pretty decent too. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I had a long commute, and I HATE fords so that's saying alot.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:44 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Originally Posted by eXploited
So basically... The only difference is you get a back seat and non hybrid with the FIT/CR-z
Didn't look into the CR-Z at all, it was brand new when I bought the Fit in summer of '12.

I have a daughter so with a carseat, a backseat is necessary for me.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Chevy Cruze? 40 mpg out of a non-hybrid. Get yourself a loaded one for pretty cheap (Nav, leather, etc). More doors and seats, insurance is cheap. I pay $500/6 months for full coverage on my cruze and my wifes TSX with higher limits. If you really wanna tow, install a hitch.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:01 PM
got 7.62?

The Nissan Juke NISMO looks pretty sick!!! Good MPG too, any thoughts?
Old 08-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

Frankly I see no point in hybrids anymore. Most compact cars (i.e. Mazda 2, Toyota Yaris, etc.) attain near hybrid like MPG's and cost a considerable amount less. It used to be the only way to attain high MPG's was through a hybrid, but now even entry level/sub $12k cars get incredibly high MPG's.

Prime example, Nissan Versa gets 40mpg @ $11k VS Toyota Prius getting 50mpg @ $23k. Based on that example the extra 10mpg of the Prius isn't worth the extra $250 a month price difference.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

All i know is that you can get a CR-z for a fucking steal nowadays.

Quick Reply: Thinking of ditching the Tundra Rock Warrior for a Honda CR-Z Hybrid