Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Thinking of buying a 07-08 TL-S anyone have one or know someone who does......?...

Old 07-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default Thinking of buying a 07-08 TL-S anyone have one or know someone who does......?...

I'm torn between a TL and a TL-S. I mean for 3k(give or take) more you can scoop up a type s. But is it really worth it? Anyone have $.02 on this ?

example tl-s
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...item1c1d10269f

tl
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...item2a120ca094

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 07-09-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Vatican Assassin

MissmyE30 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Thinking of buying a 07-08 TL-S anyone have one or know someone who does......?..

Dear Acura, the 80's called. They want their cassette players back.

OP, all kinda depends on what you're buying it for. Daily or daily w/weekend fun etc...
Old 07-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

575whpk20 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Thinking of buying a 07-08 TL-S anyone have one or know someone who does......?..

i had a type s before and loved it traded it for the tsx and now i miss it more than ever and i can say for a big heavy sedan it was pretty quick
Old 07-09-2011, 08:19 PM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

Originally Posted by MissmyE30
Dear Acura, the 80's called. They want their cassette players back.

OP, all kinda depends on what you're buying it for. Daily or daily w/weekend fun etc...
your e90 interior doesn't compare...trust me i've set in both.

My wife just got a 08 type-s with 27k miles for $24k...the car is nicer then the beamers and Mercedes in its price range.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered Member

575whpk20 has disabled reputation

this shits over e90 interior any day or the week
Old 07-09-2011, 08:30 PM
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

i almost fell asleep driving the 330i.....now a 335i is a different story, but look at that cars price compared to the tl-s now.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree

A good friend just sold his '07, and I drove it several times. Really nice package. Handles well for as big and heavy as it is, nice interior, gadgets galore, good power, good brakes, decent gas mileage, shifter...meh.

Issues with the car:
- Drivers seat mounts - they squeaked after the car had about 40K on it. The seat rocked slightly as well.
- 3rd gear syncro issue - it wears prematurely on some of them. It's a known issue, but it's got to be pretty bad for Acura to replace it. They'll band-aid it with new fluid before they replace it. He could never get them to replace his, but I've read of quite a few that did get a new trans from Acura.

If my wife would drive a manual, I'd already own one. I'd stay away from any TL with an auto. It's the same auto that Honda has had issues with for years, and behind the bigger motor in the type S...you're going to have issues more quickly.

Get one.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:30 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

I'd take the BMW over the Acura any day of the week.

The Japanese just can't come up with a timeless design, everything looks dated and silly 5 years from now when they take the next generation to some other radical direction.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree TomFree

As a pseudo Bimmerdouche (I've owned an E28, an E30, and an E46), I can say that that particular generation of the TL will probably age well, as you might expect from a BMW. The exterior is handsome w/o being to bold, and the interior kicks the crap out of my E46 and the E90's I've driven. It looks better, works better, and is more stylish.

From a drivers perspective, the BMW wins, as it's just more communicative and feels better. The Acura is no slouch. Steering is a little over-assisted, but when you turn the traction control off, you'd be surprised at how lively the back end of that car is. It will rotate.

The current TL...well, it's butt ugly outside, so that pretty much guarantees that everyone will look at it with a "what were they thinking" feeling.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:47 AM
BACK IN A G8

Originally Posted by Reloaded
I'd take the BMW over the Acura any day of the week.

The Japanese just can't come up with a timeless design, everything looks dated and silly 5 years from now when they take the next generation to some other radical direction.
you would be right about the current style of acura's but the tl changed radically in 2004. Also the 07-08 tl type-s was always highly spoken of by car and driver and other reviews.

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a 07-08 TL-S anyone have one or know someone who does......?...