VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Thinking about getting (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/thinking-about-getting-91724/)

Orange_Fly_Bye 04-24-2005 06:52 PM

Thinking about getting

I was thinking about getting a 2001 jetta 1.8T, its the wolfsburg edition, i was just wondering how tunable this car is and if anyone makes a turbo kit upgrade for it also. Also wondering if anyone on the board has one, or has had one and if they like/liked it or not?Thanks

KRON1C 04-25-2005 05:45 AM

Re: Thinking about getting

my girl has an 05 jetta 1.8t.....i don't know too much about VWs, but it is a nice car. It also pulls ok for a stock turbo and the auto sport shifter shit. the ride is pretty smooth, the seats are pretty comfortable, and the stock speakers suck, but hey....overall i give it :thup:...... most definitely

also the new GLi's look sexy as hell, so if you got the loot, get one of those!!! :D

as for upgraded turbo and shit, my cuz drives a GTi VR6, and parts for that motha fucka are expensive as shit!!! but i'm sure you can find something.....he's always on <HR dubs.com> or some VW site like that.....

hopefully this helps you out man, good luck!

Digger70chall 04-25-2005 06:09 AM

just keep the '72 duster, or buy my '73 that's an easy choice

Orange_Fly_Bye 04-25-2005 07:37 AM

yea i still got the 72 never gonna sell that, its with me for life.

Flite 04-25-2005 08:28 AM

Asking if there's aftermarket support for a VW 1.8t is like asking if there's support for a small block Chevy.

Orange_Fly_Bye 04-25-2005 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Flite
Asking if there's aftermarket support for a VW 1.8t is like asking if there's support for a small block Chevy.

thanks dickhead, im asking because i havnt owned one of these cars before and asking anyone on here if they know of any place here in va bch or online to get parts.

Flite 04-25-2005 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Orange_Fly_Bye
thanks dickhead, im asking because i havnt owned one of these cars before and asking anyone on here if they know of any place here in va bch or online to get parts.

I wasn't trying to be an asshole, trust me if I was trying you'd know it. I was more or less saying that there is more than a little bit of aftermarket following for the 1.8ts.

Orange_Fly_Bye 04-25-2005 03:41 PM

o i c, well thanks, thought you were trying to be an ass

Corey 04-25-2005 05:27 PM

Those will get you started:
www.vwvortex.com --> Check out the 1.8t forum

www.atpturbo.com --> Decent kits, but a great place to buy parts from if you're piecing your own kit together.
www.eipturbo.com
www.giacusa.com --> My chip of choice
www.ghlmotorsports.com --> My cai and exhuast of choice.

A 1.8t with bolt ons (turbo back exhuast, chip, cai and a few other small items) will run in the 13s if you're a decent driver.

How much are you looking at spending on that car? YOu may want to look into a Audi A4 1.8t quatro. Same engine, but they are awd and you get a a little plushness. Look at ATPs A4 on the main page. It is amazing what they do with it.