Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Thinkin bout doin a swap..need advice/suggestions/opinions..

Old 05-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinkin bout doin a swap..need advice/suggestions/opinions..

i was thinkin bout doin an engine swap in my 96 civic coupe (not till the summer) but was lookin for some advice/suggestions/opinions (hence the subject..)

1) wheres a good place to get an engine? is it better to get it online or somewhere local? and if local, where at? i heard u-wrench-it had some good stuff, but didnt hear anything about whole engines.

2) whats a good engine to get? (i know opinions will vary a lot here..) but i wanted to get somethin good for a supercharger (much later on of course...)

3) for those of you who have done an engine swap already, how did you afford it, and how much (roughly) did it cost? did you take out a loan or just save up for a long-ass time?

TIA for any input, im just really curious about this stuff...
Old 05-05-2003, 03:50 PM

hybridciv4u is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thinkin bout doin a swap..need advice/suggestions/opinions..

1) wheres a good place to get an engine? is it better to get it online or somewhere local? and if local, where at? i heard u-wrench-it had some good stuff, but didnt hear anything about whole engines.

2) whats a good engine to get? (i know opinions will vary a lot here..) but i wanted to get somethin good for a supercharger (much later on of course...)

3) for those of you who have done an engine swap already, how did you afford it, and how much (roughly) did it cost? did you take out a loan or just save up for a long-ass time?

If you can get an engine around here that ain't all beat up get one local. If you want to purchase one online Hmotorsonline.com is a good place. The motors come clean and look good. The guy there cut shipping for me in half.
As for engine to get, that all up to what you will be using an the engine for. Race? Daily driver?
To get an engine swap, i sold my car and bought a 92 hatch and used the leftover to buy an engine. I bought a B16 Si-R 2 for 2500 (complete swap & shipping included) I paid 400 for installation. And miscellanous stuff costs me like ($100) Dont get loans to do stuff for your car, it'll come back to haunt you!!!!
Old 05-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Former 757'er

Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous Blasphemous

A good swap to do would be to swap in the Civic for a "good" car.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

hmotorsonline.com or POS_hybrid for swaps.