Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

They can do what now?

Old 02-11-2007, 08:05 PM
FUCK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude
Default They can do what now?

Somewhere I heard cops can check under your hood with Probable cause of aftermarket modifcation? True or BS? And if True what can they nail you for, I know Nitro is illigal if the lines are hooked up and ready to go...
Old 02-11-2007, 08:10 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: They can do what now?

Originally Posted by JamesPrelude
Somewhere I heard cops can check under your hood with Probable cause of aftermarket modifcation? True or BS? And if True what can they nail you for, I know Nitro is illigal if the lines are hooked up and ready to go...
When I was pulled over for "street racing" the officer asked if I had nitrous on the vehicle. I said no and said he had permission to search the vehicle if need be. He declined.

He commented about my exhaust. My altered suspension(lowered ride height. SPC lower control arms)

And even looked at my gauges which clearly were a wideband, boost and oil pressure gauge.

He never once asked me to pop my hood. If he would have. He probably woulda only noticed my air filter being "modified" and it's a K&N filter. So that would go out the window.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

slp car = get out of mod ticket pass
Old 02-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

wasnt their a video of a cop training video that talks about how they can search your engine bay for aftermarket modifications.....example it talked about a non DOT approved air filter and adjsutable cam gears are illegal
Old 02-12-2007, 12:33 PM
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

Any aftermarket part other then a direct factory replacement is illegal..

You cannot modify your car in the state of Virginia..
Old 02-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Virginia FTL.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:53 PM
haz hype

it_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond reputeit_broke_again has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesPrelude
I know Nitro is illigal if the lines are hooked up and ready to go...

I could've sworn that came from the factory...
Old 02-12-2007, 01:02 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

HEY MY DAD HAS A NITRO. IMA GET PULLLLED FUCK. Thanx for the warning dan
Old 02-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

When I was pulled for exhaust the cop looked under my car, had me pop my hood, took pictures of my turbo and a bunch of other stuff. I just complied with everything he said. He gave me an inproper exhaust ticket, no cat ticket, and disturbing the peace ticket (for the noise). All of them got dropped when I went to court showing I got my exhaust fixed at BigAls - even though I got a 3" muffler and 3" cat put on the car, the cop even noted - "wow this is a good price for a 3" cat". I think it really matters on what you're pulled over for, what mood the cop is in, and how you treat them.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Banned

00blackbmw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
I think it really matters on what you're pulled over for, what mood the cop is in, and how you treat them.
very true...i have a few buddys that are cops, and i have ridden with them during their shifts. if you have an attitude or are a dick, you will get a ticket. and the cops arent out to get you. the only reason you get pulled is cause you fucked up. they are doing what they get paid to do, so stop hatin on them. i actually have nothing but respect for police officers now that i have actually gone on ride-alongs with them. they do not get paid enough money for the shit they gotta do