Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Tercel swap. Help please

Old 11-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Get a bowl today

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin
Lightbulb Tercel swap. Help please

ok need a little help. My friend and I are working on a 93 Toyota Tercel. We want to swap the engine. Heres the Deal we have a 4AGE out of his totaled MR2 . But i have been told its a bitch to rewire that and we are on a budget. So my idea was either a 22RE or 22RET. Any Ideas? Coments?

Thanks,
NAte
Old 11-09-2005, 11:56 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo
Default Re: Tercel swap. Help please

LS1

sorry had to
Old 11-09-2005, 12:06 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

Originally Posted by hondawagon400ex
ok need a little help. My friend and I are working on a 93 Toyota Tercel. We want to swap the engine. Heres the Deal we have a 4AGE out of his totaled MR2 . But i have been told its a bitch to rewire that and we are on a budget. So my idea was either a 22RE or 22RET. Any Ideas? Coments?

Thanks,
NAte
the 22R-E or 22RT-E would be ridiculous. what transmission did you have in-mind to use??? why do you want to swap the engine? the 5EF-E should be fine. the Tercel isn't exactly a performance car per se...especially with a 'budget' in play. a 4AG-E would be decent, but if you don't have the capability(ies) or money, then why bother. not trying to be negative, just real.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Get a bowl today

Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin Ricepuddin

Originally Posted by ToyotaTechGeek
the 22R-E or 22RT-E would be ridiculous. what transmission did you have in-mind to use??? why do you want to swap the engine? the 5EF-E should be fine. the Tercel isn't exactly a performance car per se...especially with a 'budget' in play. a 4AG-E would be decent, but if you don't have the capability(ies) or money, then why bother. not trying to be negative, just real.
not sure on the tranny. but if im not mistaking there was a celica with a 22re not sure though. the 5EF-E in it has been destroyed to say the least the guy that owned the car before my friend did not take care of it. yeah kinda the point we wanted something different, which is asking for trouble. thanks for your help if anything else come to mind let me know.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Get a bowl today

Originally Posted by WutupYo
LS1

sorry had to
hahaha .... That be tight yo...
Old 11-09-2005, 03:16 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

Originally Posted by hondawagon400ex
not sure on the tranny. but if im not mistaking there was a celica with a 22re not sure though. the 5EF-E in it has been destroyed to say the least the guy that owned the car before my friend did not take care of it. yeah kinda the point we wanted something different, which is asking for trouble. thanks for your help if anything else come to mind let me know.
yeah, but that particular Celica (a MkIII) was rear wheel drive.

plus a 4EFT-E is a great swap, but you already said you're on a budget and i think perhaps you guys are pretty mechanically/technically NOT inclined enough to be able to perform that particular swap. sorry, just calling it how i see it.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Get a bowl today

Originally Posted by ToyotaTechGeek
yeah, but that particular Celica (a MkIII) was rear wheel drive.

plus a 4EFT-E is a great swap, but you already said you're on a budget and i think perhaps you guys are pretty mechanically/technically NOT inclined enough to be able to perform that particular swap. sorry, just calling it how i see it.
its cool man were not that is why we were keepin it cheap so if we screw up we dont lose much money. but yeah man i apricate the advise. what does a 4EFT-E usaly run

Got to start somewhere.

Last edited by Ricepuddin; 11-10-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Team Ultraspeed

Super Reyan has disabled reputation

Theres a company out in Florida where my friend got his 4EFTE. It was done in his Paseo and it didn't set him back that much. I'll try and get the name later. He ran low 14's with bone stock everything.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Get a bowl today

Originally Posted by Super Reyan
Theres a company out in Florida where my friend got his 4EFTE. It was done in his Paseo and it didn't set him back that much. I'll try and get the name later. He ran low 14's with bone stock everything.
That would be great thanks man
Old 11-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Team Ultraspeed

Super Reyan has disabled reputation

http://www.back-yard-productions.com/

Last edited by Super Reyan; 11-10-2005 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Tercel swap. Help please