Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Suspension ?'s

Old 07-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad SyedUmarAhmad
Default Suspension ?'s

Im sure this question has been asked but i didnt see it so here goes...

Im lookin to slam my teg project this summer without spending a shit load of money but need advice on suspension. I was planning to just buy ground control sleeves and adjust them on my stock struts around 3-3.5 inches. Ive eard 2sides to this..... 1. My shocks will be gone within months so its better to just upgrade struts the first time and 2. Ive read cases of people whove tried it and lasted almost 2 years.

Anyone tried this setup before? Any input?
Old 07-07-2011, 01:10 PM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo
Default Re: Suspenison ?'s

Originally Posted by SyedUmarAhmad
Im sure this question has been asked but i didnt see it so here goes...

Im lookin to slam my teg project this summer without spending a shit load of money but need advice on suspension. I was planning to just buy ground control sleeves and adjust them on my stock struts around 3-3.5 inches. Ive eard 2sides to this..... 1. My shocks will be gone within months so its better to just upgrade struts the first time and 2. Ive read cases of people whove tried it and lasted almost 2 years.

Anyone tried this setup before? Any input?
You could "slam it" with a sludge hammer it can only help...

for srs you get what you pay for Tein is the best, end of story...
Old 07-07-2011, 01:16 PM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

NOTHING WILL RIDE GOOD ALL THE WAY DOWN.

Doesnt matter what you pick.

the control arms will be at such a severe angle that your springs/struts are doing little to nothing.

mine as well get ebay coilovers on stock struts
Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

So you want to slam it but you don't have a lot of money. . . why not just keep it stock?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:15 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Seriously, if your gonna ride around dumped like a jackass. Just use ebay coilovers.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

Weldmandingo has disabled reputation

Ok well if you want to slam it just use stock struts with ebay coils, no use buying good struts if your gonna blow them out by dumping it and not only will you fuck your struts up but you will also fuck your tires up in a few months ( or less ) from the amount of camber you will have..

Best option is to keep stock til you save up some money and get you some Megan racing coilovers ( my personal preference) which will run you about 149.99, get you some Kyb struts, and a blox racing upper control arm camber kit ( also about 150 bucks ) then when all is installed get yourself an alignment and you will have a nice and durable ride
Old 07-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo
You could "slam it" with a sludge hammer it can only help...

for srs you get what you pay for Tein is the best, end of story...
lol teins are garbage.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:00 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by Weldmandingo
Ok well if you want to slam it just use stock struts with ebay coils, no use buying good struts if your gonna blow them out by dumping it and not only will you fuck your struts up but you will also fuck your tires up in a few months ( or less ) from the amount of camber you will have..

Best option is to keep stock til you save up some money and get you some Megan racing coilovers ( my personal preference) which will run you about 149.99, get you some Kyb struts, and a blox racing upper control arm camber kit ( also about 150 bucks ) then when all is installed get yourself an alignment and you will have a nice and durable ride
he wants to be slammed. camber kit will cause more suspension binding by lessening the travel before the upper control arms hit the shock towers.

Anytime you go as low possible without compensating you wear everything else out and at a very very fast rate

Ball joints
Bushings
Bearings
struts
Tires.

also, go up a wheel size. with hondas i like to run 16s for street.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:46 AM
A.K.A Jebus

Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo Scotty_Nooo

Originally Posted by Tarzan Bakerada
lol teins are garbage.
orly? Please don't tell me you think Fortune's are better...
Old 07-08-2011, 08:31 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by Scotty_Nooo
orly? Please don't tell me you think Fortune's are better...
Teins aren't all garbage, but if you think they're the best, you're sorely mistaken. They're just mediocre

Quick Reply: Suspension ?'s