VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   summons (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/summons-322059/)

slow97DSM 11-30-2009 07:24 AM

summons

ok, well i got a summons last week for a unauthorized use of tags/plates.
the problems are.

1. i donated this car 6 months ago to purple heart donations.
2. i wasn't in pennsylvania
3. they have all my info to the car and ensurance ect.

every time i call the number on the ticket it disconnects me.

i donno what to do,but im not that worried about it.

any help would be great.

WhiteCali 11-30-2009 07:37 AM

Re: summons

did u donate the car WITH the plates still on it?

slow97DSM 11-30-2009 07:44 AM

no sir, im stupid but not that stupid.
im thinking they didnt move the title over?

WhiteCali 11-30-2009 07:52 AM

o ok cause u said an unauthorized use of tags/plates so i figured someone took the plates off and tried to use them or something like that. but do you currently have possession of the tags or did you return them to the DMV?

slow97DSM 11-30-2009 08:48 AM

good question, im not sure, i took them off and gave them to my pops so he could do what he needed to do. like i said im not worried about it, if they wanna do something about it i have proof that the car has been out of my possesion for half a year.

awsmjdm 11-30-2009 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by slow97DSM (Post 5865590)
good question, im not sure, i took them off and gave them to my pops so he could do what he needed to do. like i said im not worried about it, if they wanna do something about it i have proof that the car has been out of my possesion for half a year.

They don't give a fuck about the car it's the fucking PLATES. unauthorized use of TAGS/PLATES. So when you show up to court with proof that you donated a car half a year ago and they ask you for proof that you surrendered you plates to the DMV, are you still not gonna be worried about it bro?

NasTHatch 11-30-2009 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by awsmjdm (Post 5865765)
They don't give a fuck about the car it's the fucking PLATES. unauthorized use of TAGS/PLATES. So when you show up to court with proof that you donated a car half a year ago and they ask you for proof that you surrendered you plates to the DMV, are you still not gonna be worried about it bro?

if he didn't he is fucked......they don't give a shit

SortaFlush 11-30-2009 10:20 AM

Yeah, if you don't surrender your plates and go on about your business hello Sr22 and license re-instatement.

F4Fresh 11-30-2009 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by SortaSUNK (Post 5865915)
Yeah, if you don't surrender your plates and go on about your business hello Sr22 and license re-instatement.

exactly what happened to me. :o fuck SR22gttez28ls1b16

slow97DSM 11-30-2009 12:05 PM

found out that the title is still in my name. and that purple heart didnt get it switched