Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Stock turbo cars "?"

Old 11-22-2003, 06:06 AM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt
Default Stock turbo cars "?"

"may seem like a stupid question but all i am trying to do is learn thank you"

if you look up like a consumer guide and they give hp/tq is that runnin on a minimal amount of boost? so lets say its a 1st probe turbo , consumer guide says 145hp, is that on like 7 psi?
Old 11-22-2003, 06:27 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

usually yes,alot of the stock turbo cars are capable of makng way more power with the same system from the factory, for some dumb reason they tune the cars to a usual low boost setting, like 7 psi, which is crap, get a boost controller and a fuel contrller and turn that shit up.........
Old 11-22-2003, 06:30 AM
Registered Member

unknownracer unknownracer unknownracer unknownracer unknownracer unknownracer unknownracer unknownracer unknownracer unknownracer unknownracer

probably for insurance and longer life for the motor
Old 11-22-2003, 06:39 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by unknownracer
probably for insurance and longer life for the motor

yea, but it sucks when they have a turbocharged 4 making 162hp and there advertising it as a crazy fast sports car, its just upsetting cause you know the car is so much more capable......but i understand the regulations they have from the government and all that crap...its just a shame........
Old 11-22-2003, 08:02 AM
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

cool thanks guys, see this was making or breaking my decisions in gettin a car with a turbo. i saw consumer reports and like 1.8t vdubs pushing like 90hp or some shit i was like wtf? fuck that i could get a faster neon. but i just saw a thread that most of em run on like 16-17 psi in the new Vdubs which pushes alot more horses, thanks for the info Impatient your a good guy for not doggin me
Old 11-22-2003, 10:56 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Originally posted by TheGentleArt
cool thanks guys, see this was making or breaking my decisions in gettin a car with a turbo. i saw consumer reports and like 1.8t vdubs pushing like 90hp or some shit i was like wtf? fuck that i could get a faster neon. but i just saw a thread that most of em run on like 16-17 psi in the new Vdubs which pushes alot more horses, thanks for the info Impatient your a good guy for not doggin me
the turbo dub that makes 90 hp is the turbo diesel. It also gets close to 50 mpg.

A few years ago, some company (can't remember which), tuned one to about 300 hp, about the same in torque, and still managed to get about 35 mpg...
Old 11-22-2003, 01:35 PM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

see one of the things that I hate most is that on the newer late-model turbo- and supercharged cars, the vehicles are made restrictive from the factory. the key is to try and unlock all the rest of the vehicles' potential power, which can be a daunting task.