Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

STi question.....

Old 08-30-2003, 01:54 PM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default STi question.....

Has anybody priced out an STi yet...or bought one? If so how much money are you talking? I was seriously thinking about picking one up today and when I went up to RK they had it stickered at almost 33k with a six thousand dollar "loan value adjustment". What is a "loan value adjustment"? I asked if it was a market adjustment since it's in high demand and the salesman said no. So after a little prodding from a salesman who didn't think I was serious, I finally got a quote from him. I figured that was an adjusted price if you financed through Subaru....He said "nope" the selling price for the STi is almost $39k....He actually told me that with all the kids that come in and ask about the car he really doesn't have time to deal on it with me. Apparently a bunch of kids "who can barely afford to pay for there '92 Eclipse come in and try to deal on it hopeing for a test drive". So he wouldn't even talk to me about the car. SO I asked what the price would be if I walked in with cash in hand. "39k" was his short responce. Well I told him, ok you just lost a sale, "I'm not in a 92 Eclipse, I'm gonna go get in my S2000 and drive to my house". Now all of a sudden he's interested.... "how old are you?" "24" "You can afford an STi?" (in front of the sales manager now) "I could afford to pay cash for an STi, but you just lost a sale", and I walked out.

So anyway, I guess I got on a little rant there....my question is, How much have you gotten quotes for, or bought for...and what the hell is a loan value adjustment? Also, has anyone else had dealing with RK? They seem like they suck to me.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

hornetsnest is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I told him, ok you just lost a sale, "I'm not in a 92 Eclipse, I'm gonna go get in my S2000 and drive to my house". Now all of a sudden he's interested.... "how old are you?" "24" "You can afford an STi?" (in front of the sales manager now) "I could afford to pay cash for an STi, but you just lost a sale", and I walked out.
LOL ...I hate judgemental salesmen who think they can just look at you and tell if you're worth their time. Now I understand that most people who were asking about it probably couldn't afford it, but it's their job to sell cars. He was obviously not that busy if you were there shootin the sh!t with him. Oh well, go buy an EVO and drive it back to that dealership to show the salesman your new car that you "couldn't afford" .
Old 08-30-2003, 02:15 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Well, I can't afford to pay cash for an STi...for 39k I can't even afford to finance one. It just pissed me off the way he handled the situation so I said i could in front of the sales manager...Immature I guess but oh well.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

hornetsnest is an unknown quantity at this point

39k is way too much for an STI. It's a great car, but what happens when people start to realize they can get almost equal performance in an EVO for about 6-8k less? There can't be too many people that could afford an almost $40k car and actually want an STI. You can get used corvettes, 03 cobra, or whatever else that could out perform an STI for 40k.
Old 08-30-2003, 02:37 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

i've already been through that whole ordeal, thats why im thinking of getting a cobra instead... cause with the stupid markups here u can get a cobra for cheaper than an sti.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:01 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd
Default Re: STi question.....

Originally posted by VTECnology
Has anybody priced out an STi yet...or bought one? If so how much money are you talking? I was seriously thinking about picking one up today and when I went up to RK they had it stickered at almost 33k with a six thousand dollar "loan value adjustment". What is a "loan value adjustment"? I asked if it was a market adjustment since it's in high demand and the salesman said no. So after a little prodding from a salesman who didn't think I was serious, I finally got a quote from him. I figured that was an adjusted price if you financed through Subaru....He said "nope" the selling price for the STi is almost $39k....He actually told me that with all the kids that come in and ask about the car he really doesn't have time to deal on it with me. Apparently a bunch of kids "who can barely afford to pay for there '92 Eclipse come in and try to deal on it hopeing for a test drive". So he wouldn't even talk to me about the car. SO I asked what the price would be if I walked in with cash in hand. "39k" was his short responce. Well I told him, ok you just lost a sale, "I'm not in a 92 Eclipse, I'm gonna go get in my S2000 and drive to my house". Now all of a sudden he's interested.... "how old are you?" "24" "You can afford an STi?" (in front of the sales manager now) "I could afford to pay cash for an STi, but you just lost a sale", and I walked out.
good job on making a cunt, feel like a cunt
Old 08-30-2003, 03:14 PM
emmett18

94b18c1 has disabled reputation

I have an STi in the show room for 33K i think so come check it out. noone can drive though
Old 08-30-2003, 03:57 PM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

have you tried roughton subaru on the boulevard?
they were pretty nice to me and gave me the same respect an adult would have gotten when i was planning to get one...
my quote when i originally put one on order was close to 35k...
Old 08-30-2003, 05:40 PM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wait a couple more months. Going to buy a "got to have it" car during the first 6 months is a tough/bad idea. They always try the "market value adjustment trick" no matter what they try and call it. It's a waste of money. If the car was really worth 39K then the sticker would say that from Subaru. Subaru claims it should cost 31,545 including delivery.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:42 PM
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

We sell them for MSRP at my dealership in NC...........which is near $30,000 flat. We just got 2 more unsold units in Friday........both blue with bronze wheels.

Quick Reply: STi question.....