Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Stage kits for EVO

Old 08-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ppayer38 has disabled reputation
Default Stage kits for EVO

Ive notice how the SRT4 has the stage kits and ivfe seen em for the STI also but havent seen any for the EVO
Anybody know anywere that has em or factory kits??
Old 08-01-2007, 11:45 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Re: Stage kits for EVO

There are no factory stage kits for the Evo. Buschur Racing has nice "stage" applications for it. Go check em out.

hell the only "stages" we have is Stage 1: buy car Stage 2: drive off lot and void warranty.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

AMS
http://www.amsperformance.com/store/...p?cPath=22_111

Buschur Racing
http://www.buschurracing.com/stage0.htm

Road Race Engineering
http://roadraceengineering.com/evo/scc-mrstg1.htm
Old 08-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm so thirsty

drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard

There really arent Official Stages...but I read/heard in the evo community it is common acceptance that stage 1 is:

Turboback Exhaust, Manual Boost Controller, Drop in Air Filter or Cone filter, and Flash/Tune.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Stages are all marketing, you can make them whatever you want them to be if you sell bundled performance parts.. You can make 2 stages or 10 stages and cover the exact same horsepower range, there isn't anything standard really..
Old 08-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Blowin' smoke.

tdi520 is a jewel in the roughtdi520 is a jewel in the roughtdi520 is a jewel in the rough

Stages are for F&F fan boys... everyone else will talk about turbo size, fuel systems, ems, and stuff that actually makes HP
Old 08-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm so thirsty

drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard drunkard

Originally Posted by tdi520
Stages are for F&F fan boys... everyone else will talk about turbo size, fuel systems, ems, and stuff that actually makes HP
What...you wanna piece of my stage 5 race head, stage 3.75 power package, stage 6 suspension, and stage XP ecu.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by tdi520
Stages just represent an opinionated idea on how a car should be modified to reach a certain level. Companies break them into "stages" because some people are too stupid to understand how to properly modify a vehicle. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but stages have been around long before any F&F movie...
Old 08-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

EVOV1II has disabled reputation

Yeah check out buschur racing, AMS and slowboy racing. I dont have a staged kit on my EVO i put pieces together and made 447 whp and 377 ftlbs. Sometimes it is cheaper to put it together but you will have to find everything yourself. Let me know if you need any suggestions!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You can never really have a stage whatever car, unless there is only one company that makes kits marketed as 'stages' for it. One company's stage whatever is different from another company, so stages don't exist outside the world of parts marketing. But you can make yourself feel important by saying "I have a Cobb stage 3 WRX" or whatever. Then you'll be different than some other guy with a Perrin stage 3 WRX or whatever.

Who really cares what pre-packaged parts bundle you bought though, what does the dyno say?

Quick Reply: Stage kits for EVO