Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

sr20det vs. rb26dett

Old 06-06-2008, 04:15 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK
Default sr20det vs. rb26dett

ok guys i am kinda torn on what i am gonna do for my next motor:

Would you rather have a decently built SR20DET-(rods,pistons,cams,ecu,turbo, new manifolds etc,)

or a a stock rb26dett with just a fmic and a turbo back?
Old 06-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Ultra Smoke

eugene has disabled reputation
Default Re: sr20det vs. rb26dett

SR20DET SWAP = $$$

RB26DETT SWAP = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

just keep that in mind before you get started. What are your goals for the car? What are you using it for?

Last edited by eugene; 06-06-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:51 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

SR20 as you wont do the RB...Or if you start you'll never finish it. Fact.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Al_P has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Spindrift
SR20 as you wont do the RB...Or if you start you'll never finish it. Fact.
i wouldnt call that a fact, but in this case anyone who asks such question obviosly has no clue what they are getting in to...so no....which makes it a fact...damm you were right after all
Old 06-06-2008, 05:02 PM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by Al_P
i wouldnt call that a fact, but in this case anyone who asks such question obviosly has no clue what they are getting in to...so no....which makes it a fact...damm you were right after all
You've been into 240's long enough, you know how this goes haha
Old 06-06-2008, 05:04 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

i am not doing the swap, so if it gets started it will get finished, or i will have no car lol, serioulsy why do poeple think its so much money for all of this it is going to be less than 7grand for the motor all labor fmic and exhaust and all mounts etc etc, if you sell what you have then it should be no prob, ill post pics in a couple of months when i get it done......anyone want to buy a sr20? also i already have the sr20 in the car with some pretty decent mods.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:08 PM
psycho jungle cat

Originally Posted by rallen540
i am not doing the swap, so if it gets started it will get finished, or i will have no car lol, serioulsy why do poeple think its so much money for all of this it is going to be less than 7grand for the motor all labor fmic and exhaust and all mounts etc etc, if you sell what you have then it should be no prob, ill post pics in a couple of months when i get it done......anyone want to buy a sr20? also i already have the sr20 in the car with some pretty decent mods.
Yea yea yea sure sure sure. All im saying is do the SR, that will get done. I'm not trying to be an ass ive just heard what you've said and everything you're gunna say a thousand +1 times. It always ends with them giving up, "personal" issues arose and the money had to be used elsewhere, or more common...It never even starts. I encourage you to prove me wrong, hell ill commend you on it if you do. I just dont think you will.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Trill Shit

slow40sx slow40sx slow40sx slow40sx slow40sx slow40sx slow40sx slow40sx slow40sx slow40sx slow40sx

yeah if ur really gonna ask this question i'd say theres zero chances of u going rb26, not tryin to be a dick juss bein realistic
Old 06-06-2008, 05:12 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

i am gonna talk to jgy on monday and see if they will put my motor on their site for me and use whatever it sells for to go towards the rb, or i am just gonna build the sr more? but i hate to have another 240 with a sr, i would rather wait a month or two and just go ahead do a almost stock rb you know? does anyone on here have one?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:14 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

also i already have the sr in the car....so its not a fact of what to buy but if i should keep the sr or ATTEMPT to sell it and use the money towards the other motor, the only bad thing is it would kill me to pay 1700 for a stock tranny for the rb.

Quick Reply: sr20det vs. rb26dett