Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Spoiler idea...

Old 06-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
Default Spoiler idea...

I saw a listing on eBay that caught my eye a few months ago. I've been looking to stick something (M3 lip most likely) on the decklid, because the back side of the car is so- plain. It's for a spoiler for my car, a Del Sol. they wanted $200 for it, which is fucking outrageous.

Here's the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...mZ350073307390

And here's the spoiler:

So I made my first template for my idea today.

I want something that is both functional, and appealing to the eye. Yeah yeah FWD needing downforce yah yah... I will be tracking this car at VIR this year. I plan on riveting it to the trunk itself, and using turnbuckles to hold it steady, and adjust it.

Here's 2 shitty cell phone pictures of my first idea. It's only cardboard, and I'm not even going to say what my 'turnbuckles' actually are.

Input, CONSTRUCTIVE criticizm- I'm all ears.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:42 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: Spoiler idea...

boost > spoiler
Old 06-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by ryanherington
boost > spoiler
I'm fucking working on it.

Haha.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

My constructive criticism would be to keep saving your money and buy the first spoiler you posted.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Originally Posted by XCELR8
My constructive criticism would be to keep saving your money and buy the first spoiler you posted.
I agree, the first is a bit prettier.

But this is just cardboard and 35 minutes.

I'm just proposing a general idea
Old 06-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Kris.is.awesome
I agree, the first is a bit prettier.

But this is just cardboard and 35 minutes.

I'm just proposing a general idea
Unless you are highly talented at body work and working with fiberglass, I'd steer clear of trying to fab up something yourself.

I'm not try to be negative, or daunt you from doing something yourself, I just don't want to see someone put a bunch of hours worth of working into something for it to ultimately look like a sack full of smashed assholes.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:54 PM

EGAS has disabled reputation

Try using Foam Board.... Super glue it to the body and shape it in place. Fiber glass over the final outcome and youll have it for less then 200 some dollars.
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

So how much research did you do into this being functional?
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation

dude u got the same color car as my sol. i dont think it will look good....i love the stock spoiler which i have on now. any thing else is ugly imo.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Unless you are highly talented at body work and working with fiberglass, I'd steer clear of trying to fab up something yourself.

I'm not try to be negative, or daunt you from doing something yourself, I just don't want to see someone put a bunch of hours worth of working into something for it to ultimately look like a sack full of smashed assholes.
It's only going to need to be molded where it joins the trunk itself.

I went to Votech for auto body.

Either way, I'm not molding shit by myself. I've got someone who does amazing work.

It's just going to be a thin sheet of sheetmetal. It won't be like the one in the first picture, it's going to be almost a drag-style deal.

Originally Posted by 1slowxr4ti
dude u got the same color car as my sol. i dont think it will look good....i love the stock spoiler which i have on now. any thing else is ugly imo.
I don't like the stock spoiler. It's queer.

I <3 the mugen spoiler.

Edit: GENERAL idea-

Last edited by Kris.Is.Foamin; 06-25-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Spoiler idea...