Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Some Help Please!!

Old 10-03-2004, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dbphatch has disabled reputation
Talking Some Help Please!!

So i bought a 90 Honda Civic HB about a month or so ago and i don't know what to do with it first. I'm a girl and know some stuff about cars, but not as much as I need to. So if some people can give me some tips, that would be GREAT
Old 10-04-2004, 02:17 AM

420a rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Some Help Please!!

Originally Posted by dbphatch
So i bought a 90 Honda Civic HB about a month or so ago and i don't know what to do with it first. I'm a girl and know some stuff about cars, but not as much as I need to. So if some people can give me some tips, that would be GREAT
start with a cold air intake, then move to your exaughst. those should be your first two upgrades and will give you the most hp for the money.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:49 AM
Registered Member

Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold

Start saving for an engine swap would be my best guess.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:52 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

What do you want out of your Civic?

Do you want a show car? A race car? A little bit of both? What is your budget?

If I was building a 90 hatch for myself, I would purchase these parts, in the following order:

K20A engine from the RSX-S
HaSport mount kit
Have a custom 2.25" exhaust fab'ed
Have a custom 3" intake tube fab'ed
Tein Flex coilovers for the Integra Type R
Type R lower control arms
GOOD alarm
Clutch Club
Racing Hart CP-R wheels with Yokohama AVS ES100 tires
Wings West (Mugen knock off) body kit
Get a GOOD paint job
remove back seat
replace front seats with 97-01 ITR, 03+ Si, or 00+ S2000 seats
MOMO or Sparco steering wheel with quick disconnect hub

The best advice I can give you is do it right the first time, and realize that doing that may cost more money initially, but will save you a lot more in the end. I would also suggest driving it stock until you have the money to do at least the first 8 things I mentioned.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:13 AM
EMF S2K

jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy

sell it. go buy a domestic.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:19 PM

mbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to beholdmbui00 is a splendid one to behold

Putting in a dohc motor will already put you way ahead of trying to modify your current engine. I used to have a 91 hatchback, they are slow as shit stock. Just save up a couple grand to get a dohc motor, vtec or no vtec. The integra ls motors pack alot of punch with such a small chassis as yours and they are dirt cheap, find them in any motor salvage yards.
Old 10-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.

Keep it stock for now. Your best bet is to buy a Helms manual, good set of tools, and learn how to do regular maintenance on the car. Fix all of the problems that you have with it first.

Since this is all new to you, the best thing to do is search the net and look at what others have done, and what appeals to YOU, not every one else. Make a list of things you want to do, and put them in the order of what is most important to you.

Don't waste your $$ on an exhaust or intake. You'll sound louder (if there is such a thing) but won't but won't gain much performance from it. Save your money as others have already mentioned.

Learn how to keep your car running as it is, then work your way up to customizing it, whether it's getting new wheels, a motor swap, etc. Make it so that you do not have to rely on anyone else to work on or fix your car for you when it breaks down. This applies to anyone who's just purchased a car (whether it's domestic or import) and wants to customize it, regardless of sex, race, creed or color.

Old 10-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Originally Posted by ndmood
Keep it stock for now. Your best bet is to buy a Helms manual, good set of tools, and learn how to do regular maintenance on the car. Fix all of the problems that you have with it first.

Since this is all new to you, the best thing to do is search the net and look at what others have done, and what appeals to YOU, not every one else. Make a list of things you want to do, and put them in the order of what is most important to you.

Don't waste your $$ on an exhaust or intake. You'll sound louder (if there is such a thing) but won't but won't gain much performance from it. Save your money as others have already mentioned.

Learn how to keep your car running as it is, then work your way up to customizing it, whether it's getting new wheels, a motor swap, etc. Make it so that you do not have to rely on anyone else to work on or fix your car for you when it breaks down. This applies to anyone who's just purchased a car (whether it's domestic or import) and wants to customize it, regardless of sex, race, creed or color.

everything this guy said, follow. don't run before you learn to walk.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex spooledex

Send me pics of you and your car maybe I can help you out.