Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

SO yeah CR-Z big disappointment

Old 01-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol
Default SO yeah CR-Z big disappointment

http://jalopnik.com/5445212/honda-cr...-of-all-worlds

The Honda CR-Z is more than what lovers of simple, compact, sporty, lightweight Japanese cars were asking for. It's a simple, compact, sporty, Japanese car with an underpowered engine, heavy batteries, all for just 33 MPG. Not worth it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It looks like a new CRX, it's shaped like a new CRX, but this car is no new CRX. It's more like a rebooted first generation Honda Insight wrapped in new body without the sacrifices for sky-high fuel-efficiency. It is a new kind of hybrid, the manual six speed paired to the 1.5-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine belting out 122 HP and 128 lb-ft of torque at a low-low 1,000 to 1,500 RPM (123 lb-ft for the automatic CVT version).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It'll bring much-needed driver involvement into the hybrid equation, something we're intrigued to test out ourselves. We wonder about the necessity of the integrated motor assist system though, as the mileage for the manual is estimated at 31 MPG city, 37 MPG highway, and 33 MPG combined, the CVT is pegged at 36/38/37 MPG, respectively. We'll just be standing out on the porch shaking our canes at the young whippersnappers and their danged hybrids. Why, back in our day the CRX-HF got 50 MPG without fancy tricks and heavy batteries, and gosh darn it, it was fun to drive!

Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 PM
(°____°)

VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom
Default Re: SO yeah CR-Z big disappointment

ewww
Old 01-11-2010, 02:20 PM
OMG VTEC!?!?!?!

jtech123 jtech123 jtech123 jtech123 jtech123 jtech123 jtech123 jtech123 jtech123 jtech123 jtech123

maby a lil j swap on boost will make it better (:
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

lol at the fancy new hybrid crx getting worse gas mileage than the 20 year old one
Old 01-12-2010, 05:08 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Originally Posted by benflagg
lol at the fancy new hybrid crx getting worse gas mileage than the 20 year old one
Yeah, major fail. I was hoping these things would be good, but oh well.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:15 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Big surprise.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:53 AM
OCD
miata fag

OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD OCD

Honda took all of the cool things i liked when i saw the crz concept in person at detroit and tossed them out the window. We got the turd that didn't go down with the first flush, time to try again...
Old 01-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber

dammit....33mpg isnt worth braggin about....but i still like the car...

but on another note, in its defense...the crx-hf that came out years ago didnt worry about crumple zones or side impact beams, or airbags, or cruise control, or power options like the modern cr-z....

im sure there are ways to tweak the mpg's of this thing...with it being so much ecu controlled, companies like Bully Dog or Edge should be gettin in on this market, since they bust ass with diesels
Old 01-12-2010, 06:15 AM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

I am interested to see how much of a difference all this safety equipment has made in actual safety. Im not exactly skeptical yet, but I wanna see some numbers.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:29 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Awesome... my 10 year old 400+ horsepower Chevy gets nearly the same gas mileage on the highway.