Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

So should I take this guy to court for destroying my car or?

Old 08-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92

He did work at a dealership at the time and did it there as well. Thinking that he had a shop lift tools and experience at it. I said it'll workout. It didn't.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed
Default Re: So should I take this guy to court for destroying my car or?

Originally Posted by Killerzracing92
He did work at a dealership at the time and did it there as well. Thinking that he had a shop lift tools and experience at it. I said it'll workout. It didn't.
I'd almost say you might have something if you can prove he did it at an actual stop but you're not smart enough to pull that off.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:44 PM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by Killerzracing92
It's hard to find fault with your logic. I mean I'm sure they probably did twin turbo installs all the time at the dealership, right?

Originally Posted by Dillweed
I'd almost say you might have something if you can prove he did it at an actual stop but you're not smart enough to pull that off.
Dude, it's cool brah. His friend like, works at a dealership.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:59 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

OP - The problem with this transaction was that the guy that did the install was at a set price and was providing the parts; he wanted to get it done as quick (and cheap) as possible. You could tell him you're pissed at what he did but I doubt it would amount to much. You could ask for some sort of compensantion but in all likely hood, he's probably already spent all that money.

Best bet, talk to the guy, see if you can't work something out. If you can't, take it as a lesson learnt and move on.

Then go fuck his mother.

Good luck!
Old 08-27-2013, 04:29 AM
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Hopefully OP signed some paper work for the work...............that would be logical with that amount of money.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:14 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

If his buddy was a tech at the dealership, he did this on his own time on off hours. The dealership holds zero liability for it because I can guarantee there was no documented work.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:01 AM
Registered Member

Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92 Killerzracing92

Yeah I told him I wasn't happy. He told me he wouldn't leave me out to dry. He got mad I made the video. He said he'd make things right. That was over 4 months ago. He hasn't done anything since. Jag told me the same thing. Really no way to hold the dealer liable. Due to the fact that he can just say he did it on his own time. Or the fact that it was his car. (Which I found out he was telling people) jag also said if I could get a case, anything that I have, physical documents or electronic could be used. Problem one is the fact id have to come back to va for a trial. #2 if I couldn't I'd have to find representation. #3 according to jag the guy in the video wouldn't pursaude a judge that knew nothing about cars because of the lack of a bussines licence. After this long I'm still pissed but its not much I can do. He doesn't care. Basically I want people not to deal with this guy. Somehow he got 2 more people by doing installs. One guy was there most of the time and determined he didn't know wtf he was doing. So he said gtfo. But since I wasn't there and hearing all the story's of him and his g35 and how he's pulled his motor done this an that I believe him. Well.......either way the cars getting rebuilt anyway. This time done the right way and a lot more power. 500whp infact. Wish I met the guy in the video before cam. I would have never had to deal with this. Shit happens for a reason.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:54 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

You could start by telling the fucking dealership since he doesn't seem to want to play ball. Most businesses don't allow "side work" in their facilities other than on their employee's personal vehicles. Not sure what this dealer's policy is but it would behoove you to find out and use it to your advantage if you can.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Registered member

jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02 jaqattack02

Originally Posted by Yardjass
You could start by telling the fucking dealership since he doesn't seem to want to play ball. Most businesses don't allow "side work" in their facilities other than on their employee's personal vehicles. Not sure what this dealer's policy is but it would behoove you to find out and use it to your advantage if you can.
From the above it sounds like the dude was telling everyone the car was his, which is probably why the dealership allowed it.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:22 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Quick Reply: So should I take this guy to court for destroying my car or?