Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

So I have my new car-

Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin
Default So I have my new car-

I got a 94' Del Sol, and I'd like to turn it into a fairly decent car.

It has a B-18 LS swap, and a Megan racing exhaust from the block to the ass of the car.

The paint is obviously the first thing I'm going to do- and I still don't know what color. For ease, the stock color is an option. If not, I either want to go black, white- or that crazy S2K yellow, or something close. There may be boost in the future, I'm still not sure. For wheels- the wheels it has are nice, but if I change the color, the wheels will go. Thinking of Rota slips, in black- especially with a yellow car. The fogs are going to be sprayed yellow- with the spray. What are my options for front lips, possibly a new front 'body kit'? I want something subtle, no huge crazy 'rice' crap.

Thats all I can think of for now- any and all input is welcome.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve
Default Re: So I have my new car-

save your money, invest.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Kris.is.awesome
I got a 94' Del Sol, and I'd like to turn it into a fairly decent car.

It has a B-18 LS swap, and a Megan racing exhaust from the block to the ass of the car.

The paint is obviously the first thing I'm going to do- and I still don't know what color. For ease, the stock color is an option. If not, I either want to go black, white- or that crazy S2K yellow, or something close. There may be boost in the future, I'm still not sure. For wheels- the wheels it has are nice, but if I change the color, the wheels will go. Thinking of Rota slips, in black- especially with a yellow car. The fogs are going to be sprayed yellow- with the spray. What are my options for front lips, possibly a new front 'body kit'? I want something subtle, no huge crazy 'rice' crap.

Thats all I can think of for now- any and all input is welcome.

Keep the stock color changing the color of the car will be niether easy or cheap save the money. Dont know what wheels you have so I cant really tell you to keep them but i highly suggest not getting rotas of any kind. No body kit just go with a lip.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:02 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
Keep the stock color changing the color of the car will be niether easy or cheap save the money. Dont know what wheels you have so I cant really tell you to keep them but i highly suggest not getting rotas of any kind. No body kit just go with a lip.
+1 on that

maybe get a diffrent front bumper... nah, get a nice lip

work on suspension and motor before you go crazy and do 150 diffrent things, and then cant tell what you really need
Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 PM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

repaint it stock color.

front and rear lip (can be found at jdmcarboy.com for cheap)
some sublte side skirts...

build the suspension.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Here are some pics-

Although you can't see it- the clear on the hood, roof, and trunk is peeling. The WHOLE car is faded- you can see that in the pics- if you know what the stock color really is.

I was also told it was chipped- Not sure exactly what.

Here is the AD-

B18-A1 Integra LS JDM swap with LS JDM 5 Speed Tranny (30,000 miles)
New Axles
Red Powder Coated Valve Cover with polished lettering
AEM Cool Air intake w/filter
NGK Blue Plug Wires and NGK Iridium Plugs

Suspension:
KYB fully adjustables setting on Skunk II drop springs. The springs and the KYB’s were both put on about 4 months ago. The car was lowered 21/2 inches in the front and 23/4 inches in the back. Has front strut tower bar. Also setting on 4 Toyo’s 245/50/ZR16’s with about 90% tread left.

Exhaust:
Everything dealing with the exhaust is brand new and has been on the car for about four months. Starts off with a Megan Racing 4 into 2, 2 into 1 stainless racing header with a new O2 sensor, high flow cat, 31/2 inch piping into a Stainless Megan Racing Turbo II muffler. The car has a deep very aggressive sound, nothing like most of the Hondas that sound like they have fart cans.

Sound System:
Here is where it gets fun. Not only is this car fast, handles like a dream but it also sounds great with the Targa top off or on. Something that is hard to do in most targa top cars.
A new Panasonic in dash CD player with remote that is IPOD ready
4) 61/2 inch Pioneer speakers 2 in the door and 2 right behind the head rest.
1) Pair of Infinity 6X9 4 way’s custom cut into the rear storage container behind the front seats.
2) Rocker Fosgate Punch 12 inch subs in a custom build sealed box powered buy a 1200 Watt Infinity amp and a 2 Ferret Cap.

Yeah, yeah- the exhaust is HUGE. No doubt. It does sound great, even with the top off. Going around turns- I DO have to hold on. I think I'm set on susp. for now.

How's this?
http://www.jdmcarboy.com/index.php?m...407a210b7a7d21

Edit- Yeah, I'm going to sacrifice some HP to remove those stickers...

Last edited by Kris.Is.Foamin; 09-12-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:36 AM
XGP15A-II

J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX J!NX

IMO the bet looking Del Sol's are ones wit the Mugen front end, JDM eg2 tail and headlights.

The paint looks ok from the pictures, i'm thinking that should be last on your list. Phoenix Yellow looks better than the s2k yellow imo.

As for the engine I'd upgrade to a GSR or go LS/vtec and turbo.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:25 PM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 240sxftw
+1 on that

maybe get a diffrent front bumper... nah, get a nice lip
your backspace button broke??
Old 09-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

dont waste your money.

start a business.

buy a house.

purchase stocks.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Originally Posted by J!NX
IMO the bet looking Del Sol's are ones wit the Mugen front end, JDM eg2 tail and headlights.

The paint looks ok from the pictures, i'm thinking that should be last on your list. Phoenix Yellow looks better than the s2k yellow imo.

As for the engine I'd upgrade to a GSR or go LS/vtec and turbo.
You can't see the paint issues in these pics. The hood, top, and trunk are all peeling. The WHOLE car is faded ALOT from the stock color.

Quick Reply: So I have my new car-