Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

So I bought a dash cam today. Anyone else have one?

Old 05-28-2013, 07:11 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1
Default Re: So I bought a dash cam today. Anyone else have one?

So I've been driving with the dash cam for about a week now. Quality is alright for $60, it records about 3 days worth of video on a 32gb sd card and then keeps looping over. Super easy to connect the camera to a tv or computer through HDMI or USB. Quality gets a bit worse through Youtube, so be sure to select 720HD, though it still is a bit worse than just the file on the PC.

So far all I've caught are a couple cops flying through traffic with no lights on and one switching lanes 3-4 times in a Baltimore tunnel. I did run over a dead deer the other night, and boy did that pucker up my butthole. Had a bunch of blood and hair on the front lower black bumper and plastic skidplate but no damage. Smell was naturally awful on the exhaust. Good thing I'm not lowered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkeZTEN7A-4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNt-EMvX9YI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R_yXfMUAmM I couldn't swerve as there was a car to the left and rear of me, but really it was due to me being surprised at the amount of blood on the road and being tired from 4 hours of driving. Thank god the deer was already run over several times.

Last edited by valdaviper1; 05-28-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:37 AM
dru
GUIBO!?

dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru

For some reason, I was expecting must crappier quality. That is definitely good enough. My real concern with that camera (and the price) is just simply how long it'll last.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Registered member

valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1 valdaviper1

Originally Posted by dru
For some reason, I was expecting must crappier quality. That is definitely good enough. My real concern with that camera (and the price) is just simply how long it'll last.
http://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-comparison/

That is why I picked what I picked. It's the DVR-027, and has been around for a number of years. Before it came the 007, and the newer versions are the 207 and 207GS or something like that. It has had the most positive reviews, and is even Jalopnik approved lol. However, there are a number of fakes being sold that look just like them, mostly on Amazon for $20 bucks. There are plenty of other webcams that are smaller or have more features, but all have their pros and cons, unless they are $250+ Most of the forums have had people running them for years with no problem, though I took earlier mentioned advice and unscrew it if I park my car in the hot sun. Too scared to try and see if it'll melt or not
Old 05-28-2013, 09:05 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

One thing you'll notice about having a dash cam, things always happen when you're in another vehicle without one.

Great review in here +rep
Old 05-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered member

thanks!