Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

SMS horrible service

Old 07-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick
Default SMS horrible service

Well, needless to say I'm very pissed off at SMS. Not just once have they done this either. Today, my friend, whom I recommmended SMS to, to go and get his 2005 Mustang GT dyno tuned went there. He had a 1:00 appt. with them for Ed Clark to dyno tune his car using his SCT Xcalibrator. He showed up @12:30, by 1:30 Heather calls Ed, and Ed was at work and had forgotten to be there. Sounds to me they should've called him this morning to make sure he'd be there, so they could have cancelled the appt before my friend wasted his time. So she sets up my friend for tomorrow afternoon.

When he asked if there was some sort of price-cut for the waste of time, (obviously the shops fault), she says no can do and only offers him an apoligy. I'm sorry but I think more than an apology is needed for him driving over 125 miles both ways to get there and wasting 4 hours of the day for nothing and this is only today, and to have to drive another 125 tomorrow. This not only makes the shop look bad, but also myself for recommending it.

The other time was when I was there getting dyno-tuned, I had to wait 1hr. after my appt time to get in the garage (no problem there, he was finishing someone else's car) to have Ed dyno tune it for awhile until some guys in a red LS1 show up to get dynoed. Then Roger (Mr. Clean) proceeds to come over and start pulling stuff off of my car while Ed is trying to tune it and rushes Ed out of the dyno. Ed then goes outside and finishs the tuning on no dyno. Those guys could have waited just as well as I had. Besides I was spending over $500 in the shop where they were just doing the $65 dyno w/ a/f.

Needless to say, me and the people I've recommended to Street mainly come from up here. And being where they are, we pass almost every other shop/tuner in the area to give them our business, needless to say I don't think we will be doing that anymore. Once you see my friend tomorrow, don't expect any more of my business or any business I've recommended coming your way.

Sorry for the long post, but this is horrible customer service.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:54 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz
Default Re: SMS horrible service

Wow dude that sucks. Sorry to hear.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:59 PM
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

Originally Posted by ritz
Wow dude that sucks. Sorry to hear.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

wow
Old 07-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, fuck them besides Steen is a hell of a lot cheaper anyways.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Patron

You ever been to MAS? I've seen their work and Skip, Sean, and Charles are all good guys.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Never have, where are they located?
Old 07-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

Personally I think that it should have been handled in person because I am willing to bet that there were extenuating circumstances. My .02
Old 07-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Dan, it was handled in person as far as my friend goes. Besides I'm not going all the way to Chesapeake to waste my breath. I told Heather on SCR, that if she knocks off $100 we will forget about it, seems only fair to me.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by SLOW_GTP
Personally I think that it should have been handled in person because I am willing to bet that there were extenuating circumstances. My .02
Dan did you read it? They were there in person.

Quick Reply: SMS horrible service