Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

skunk2 or ground control

Old 08-08-2004, 12:44 PM
still alive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele
Default skunk2 or ground control

hey im about to pickup some coilovers. i already have some kyb agx's and im looking at getting either the skunk2s or the ground controls. ive heard alot of good things about the ground controls but never really heard much about the skunk2s. which would you guys recomend.

oh yeah the car is being built for trackdays and autox. i drive it everyday but ride quality isnt an issue id rather have which everone handles better.

Last edited by CRXDriver; 08-10-2004 at 07:42 PM. Reason: i got different shocks than i thought were coming in
Old 08-08-2004, 01:15 PM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door
Default Re: skunk2 or ground control

I have Ground Control On KYB and they do quite well. I've never had skunk so I don't know. Im sure Eibach springs are better the Skunk though and you can order Ground Control rated however u want
Old 08-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Registered Member

Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by zexpwrd4door
I have Ground Control On KYB and they do quite well. I've never had skunk so I don't know. Im sure Eibach springs are better the Skunk though and you can order Ground Control rated however u want
From what Ive heard and see, Eibach springs tend to sag after a year or so.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:28 PM
sup

SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE SCOOBY STEVE

sell your struts and buy teins
Old 08-08-2004, 02:41 PM
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

If you want a stiffer racecar feel the Skunk 2s are the way to go, if you want more of a softer street ride, get the Ground Controls! If you havent bought them yet, let me know I can get either.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

skunk2...
Old 08-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

coilovers suck....if you want adjustablity get tein basic's i WOULDNT recomend anything other than TEIN for "affortable" coilovers
Old 08-08-2004, 04:46 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

both are shit.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:39 PM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

Tein Basic is a good product but it is not adjustable except for height? The higher model teins are great but it seems the basic is just another version of a coilover set up to me. I personally like to be able to change my strut settings. On a KYB AGX you can feel a difference on each setting and the car rides diff on different heights and strut settings. The best advice you can get is to research and see what you want for yourself...you get what you pay for. For 700 bucks you are gonna use them for a while and at that price there are alot of different combos available.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.

I prefer Skunk2 coilovers with Tokico Illuminas. Had them on my old CRX and on my Civic sedan. Going with the same set-up on my hatchback.

Quick Reply: skunk2 or ground control