Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Skunk2 Composite Intake Manifold

Old 01-25-2008, 06:36 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phathick has disabled reputation
Unhappy Skunk2 Composite Intake Manifold

I called Skunk2 and Now they have pushed the release date to Feb or March of 09 for the Composite Intake manifolds. i got one of the Composite Fuel rails and its nice. anyone heard anything else?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Skunk2 Composite Intake Manifold

They probably can't get the price low enough for anyone to actually want to pay for it, or they're having manufacturing problems. Aluminum works great and its cheap, and you don't really need a composite manifold on a street car. If you're looking to throw money at something, there are better ways to save weight on a street car.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
They probably can't get the price low enough for anyone to actually want to pay for it, or they're having manufacturing problems. Aluminum works great and its cheap, and you don't really need a composite manifold on a street car. If you're looking to throw money at something, there are better ways to save weight on a street car.
Its not only for weight, but I definitely agree with you about not needing it on a street car.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:12 PM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fabrik8

nothing else needs to be said....you summed it up perfect....