Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Simple Question

Old 02-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond repute
Default Simple Question

How do I go about getting a 2 year, not 1 year, emissions sticker.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:44 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Simple Question

I think you are confused. Unless something has changed since the last time I did emissions (a couple years ago) then emissions is always 2 years and there is no sticker involved.

If you are looking for state safety inspection for 2 years, you'll need to move to a different state, Va is only yearly.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

dsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond reputedsmSPYDER has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so emissions is and has ALWAYS been two years? I was under the impression that my emissions expires the same time the sticker on my plates do?
Old 02-18-2008, 08:40 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dsmSPYDER
Ok, so emissions is and has ALWAYS been two years? I was under the impression that my emissions expires the same time the sticker on my plates do?
It's been a couple years since I had to deal with it but I'm 99% sure emissions is 2 years. And it is totally independent of state safety inspection. Usually the DMV will send you a form in the mail that you have to have filled out by an emissions inspector to renew your registration every 2 years.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

I just got the car last year, i just don't wanna start running test pipes, then have to pull them off asap this summer when I have my inspection.