Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Should I trade my EG Civic for a 97 Prelude SH?

Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 AM
11B3P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th
Default Should I trade my EG Civic for a 97 Prelude SH?

Ive got an 95 EG Coupe Civic with over 200k on the body but only around 50-60k on the motor that I swapped a B20B with GSR Transmission into a few years back and the body lines and age of it is kind of dragging me down a bit. I really like the look of a Prelude but not sure if I want the issues with the H22, premium fuel, and oil hungryness. I have been working on a 97 prelude for a family member and am about to pull the head on it and do a valve job for her and have started to grow on the car and working on a motor again. My question is, if I could do a straight swap for swap on a 97 Prelude SH with around 105k miles on it should I? If not, I might pull the motor apart on mine and do a rebuild for the heck of it this winter..

Not your typical Honda fanboy - wanna go fast - type. I am more for reliability with some weekend fun and looks. My money is in my truck right now.. but it's diesel so I don't want to drive it everyday.

The main use my civic has is some daily driving when I don't feel like driving my diesel truck and AutoX. But have not gotten to do much AutoX'ing recently due to life and children. So pretty much daily driving.. Which I might have answered my own question on the fact of not having to spend money on Premium and less MPG... meh let the normal Honda bashing begin.. haha

Last edited by Airborne29th; 08-19-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:38 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM
Default Re: Should I trade my EG Civic for a 97 Prelude SH?

id keep the civic as a daily.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Originally Posted by Airborne29th
Ive got an 95 EG Coupe Civic with over 200k on the body but only around 50-60k on the motor that I swapped a B20B with GSR Transmission into a few years back and the body lines and age of it is kind of dragging me down a bit. I really like the look of a Prelude but not sure if I want the issues with the H22, premium fuel, and oil hungryness. I have been working on a 97 prelude for a family member and am about to pull the head on it and do a valve job for her and have started to grow on the car and working on a motor again. My question is, if I could do a straight swap for swap on a 97 Prelude SH with around 105k miles on it should I? If not, I might pull the motor apart on mine and do a rebuild for the heck of it this winter..

Not your typical Honda fanboy - wanna go fast - type. I am more for reliability with some weekend fun and looks. My money is in my truck right now.. but it's diesel so I don't want to drive it everyday.

The main use my civic has is some daily driving when I don't feel like driving my diesel truck and AutoX. But have not gotten to do much AutoX'ing recently due to life and children. So pretty much daily driving.. Which I might have answered my own question on the fact of not having to spend money on Premium and less MPG... meh let the normal Honda bashing begin.. haha

Then what was the point of swapping a b20? Inb4theyhavetorquedoe. You probably don't get descent mpgs with the gsr tranny slapped on it either. Get a single cam that gets 40 miles to the gallon.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:26 AM
11B3P

Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th Airborne29th

Thanks Doom for one legitimate response.. Any others with actual helpful comments and not just trolling or flame bashing each others twats?

Last edited by Airborne29th; 08-20-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

miata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these partsmiata_kid is infamous around these parts
Default Should I trade my EG Civic for a 97 Prelude SH?

Id also keep the civic but im bias toward preludes some times
Old 08-20-2013, 11:50 AM
11B3P

I'm thinking more on keeping the civic just due to the oil eating problems, high octane fuel you should run in a prelude and not always the best for AutoX.. but neither is a civic. But both can be modified to improve cornering through the twisties.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:41 PM
All Gold Everything

Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James Trinidad James

Why would you want to have a civic? i'd get rid of the civic.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Going to Honda from Honda is no gain

/thread
Old 08-20-2013, 10:23 PM
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

Volvo

/thread
Old 08-21-2013, 03:17 AM
Flatulence

PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov PicovAndropov

Originally Posted by Yep4doors
Going to Honda from Honda is no gain

/thread
Don't you own a Honda?

Quick Reply: Should I trade my EG Civic for a 97 Prelude SH?