Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

SHO me the.... 40grand awd DI TT sedan

Old 02-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Hello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality
Default SHO me the.... 40grand awd DI TT sedan

Ya know, for a simple looking, mid-range sedan... and if the new car market wasn't in such bad shape this might have actually worked out well.

Direct injected, twin turbo V6 in an all wheel drive platform might have been a lot of fun. With an understated body-style (boring) it can definitely appeal to a broad range. I don't know how Ford's interiors are but with primo panels inside it could work for a grocery getter.

Decent idea, i just don't think it'll take off at the moment.

(super large image)
http://photos.leftlanenews.com/photo...urus-sho-1.jpg

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-taurus-sho.html

Originally Posted by leftlanenews
02/11/2009, 12:00 AM
Ford News
2010 Ford Taurus SHO revealed

Ford’s highlight at this week’s Chicago Auto Show is undoubtedly the 2010 Taurus SHO — a high-performance variant of the redesigned Taurus family sedan. The SHO name was resurrected after years of disuse, but this time there’s an added focus on efficiency. Powered by a 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, the car delivers 365 horsepower and will retail for $37,995 starting this summer.

Introduced in 1989, Taurus SHO was conceived as a “sleeper” performance sedan. Produced through 1999, more than 100,000 were sold. Given the strong following the previous-generation SHO has to this day, Ford says it had to pay careful attention to enthusiasts.

The foundation of the 2010 Taurus SHO is a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 engine, which delivers 365 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 350 pound-feet of torque at 3,500 rpm. Clearly, the definition of “Super High Output” has changed over the years — the last SHO had just 235 hp, while its predecessor had only 220 hp.

The 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 also uses twin turbochargers, as opposed to a single unit. The reduced size of each turbocharger results in reduced internal inertia, allowing this advanced engine to avoid the “turbo lag” often prevalent in earlier-generation turbocharged vehicles. Meanwhile, direct injection promises improved fuel economy and a smoother response from the engine.

The new Taurus SHO driveline combines a six-speed 6F55 SelectShift transmission with standard torque-sensing all-wheel-drive. The six-speed transmission offers a wide array of gears to enable quick acceleration, yet comfortable high-speed cruising, through a 2.77 to 1 final drive ratio. SelectShift provides conventional automatic operation or a manual shift mode that gives the driver complete control via paddle shifters. For performance-minded drivers, paddle controls allow “match-rev” downshifts and will hold manually selected gears for precise control.

For the discriminating automotive enthusiast, Taurus SHO offers an available SHO Performance Package consisting of upgraded brake pads, recalibrated power-assisted steering for even more responsiveness, a “Sport Mode” setting for the standard AdvanceTrac Electronic Stability Control and a shorter 3.16 to 1 final drive ratio for faster acceleration. Summer-compound 20-inch Goodyear Eagle F1 performance tires on premium painted wheels also are included.

Standard features include: push-button start, the Easy Fuel capless fuel filler, Ford SYNC with voice activation, and ambient lighting. Also standard is MyKey, which enables the owner to set specific limits for certain operators, such as new drivers. These ‘parental controls’ include the ability to set an 80 mph speed limiter, stereo volume limiter, consistently-engaged stability control, speed chimes, a persistent safety belt reminder, and earlier low-fuel warning.

Options include a reverse camera, radar-based adaptive cruise control, blind spot alert, Cross Traffic Alert (for reversing into traffic), massaging seats, voice-activated navigation, and a 12 speaker 390-watt Sony sound system.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:13 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun
Default Re: SHO me the.... 40grand awd DI TT sedan

well damn thats pretty cool.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:13 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

looks pretty good, actually.

but i'd still rather have a first gen SHO with a 5-speed.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

DAMN 365hp! that thing could be nasty! hope ford is still around by then. lol
Old 02-11-2009, 07:18 AM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

check out all the new ford shit coming to u.s there is a more evo like focus coming turbo,fmic its pretty nice for the price
Old 02-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

Originally Posted by b16EFsedan
check out all the new ford shit coming to u.s there is a more evo like focus coming turbo,fmic its pretty nice for the price
Man, if they brought some rally inspired focusi across the pond they would have had a winner. I loved the hatch version and if it was RWD i might have picked one up.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Go Ford... they're the strongest of the "Big 3" and are doing a great job. GM is building awesome cars now, but the weight of their past mistakes is pulling them under.

The new cars like the CTS and G8 etc. are fantastic.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

you all act like you didn't know about the ecoboost. it's going into the mustang as well.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I can't wait for 335i owners to get pissed that they got beat by a motherfucking Taurus.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:24 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by FlimFlam
I can't wait for 335i owners to get pissed that they got beat by a motherfucking Taurus.
truth

Don't sleep on Ford, I think they gonna be allllllright

Quick Reply: SHO me the.... 40grand awd DI TT sedan