Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Scammer - Jeffrey Cedeno - 646-573-5130 - Beware

Old 08-09-2016, 10:00 AM
Lurker Status

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOHCTA has disabled reputation
Default Scammer - Jeffrey Cedeno - 646-573-5130 - Beware

It's been awhile since I've been on here, but just thought I post up some info about a seller I dealt with in the past.

I tried finding his FB or anything and can't! Any help would be great! Thanks!

Long story short, got scammed awhile back and never got a chance to post up full details.
$300 Exhaust
-Agreed to Ship Exhaust
-Paid for Exhaust through Paypal
-Never Received Exhaust
-Paypal Didn't Help or Cover
-Seller was a Scammer and cut off contact
-Got the Cops involved and reported to FBI Internet Crimes Division

I found his details, just thought I'd post it up for future reference (incase someone knows him or dealt with him before)

At this point its been so long, but just posting up his info as an fyi and alert for anyone in the future. Last time I heard from Leanardtown, MD Police Department (he wasn't living at his MD address anymore)

Name: Jeffrey Cedeno (Jeff Cedeno)
Full Name: Jeffrey Emilio Cedeno
Number: 646-573-5130
E-Mail: jeffrey.cedeno@msn.com

https://myspace.com/115120942

Last edited by DOHCTA; 08-10-2016 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:48 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded
Default Re: Scammer - Jeffrey Cedeno - 646-573-5130 - Beware

Pretty shitty, it's crazy that this sort of thing still happens.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:20 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

This thread would be a lot better if you had screenshots of your discussions and the findings of the paypal claim.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:44 AM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

I don`t see how paypal didn`t help or cover it. I`ve been ripped off twice via paypal and they moved mountains to make my ass happy.

Unless you took the bait an agreed to send the payment as a private money transfer instead of a charge for goods or services to avoid additional charges from paypal....Then in that case it`s really hard for me to feel any sort of sympathy here. I`ve made claims over a month from my date of purchase and was issued full refund to my paypal account. Shit that ebay wouldn`t even touch or talk to me about, paypal came and squashed my issues immediately.

They even told me that they were charging my refund straight to the scammers account, which i liked because fuck that guy lol.

Last edited by Hooch; 08-10-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:35 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Originally Posted by Hooch
I don`t see how paypal didn`t help or cover it. I`ve been ripped off twice via paypal and they moved mountains to make my ass happy.

Unless you took the bait an agreed to send the payment as a private money transfer instead of a charge for goods or services to avoid additional charges from paypal....Then in that case it`s really hard for me to feel any sort of sympathy here. I`ve made claims over a month from my date of purchase and was issued full refund to my paypal account. Shit that ebay wouldn`t even touch or talk to me about, paypal came and squashed my issues immediately.

They even told me that they were charging my refund straight to the scammers account, which i liked because fuck that guy lol.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Lurker Status

DOHCTA has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Hooch

That paypal transaction was one of the worst things I dealt with. The seller sent me an invoice and I paid it as it took me to Paypals website - it didn't even say if it was Goods or Services (now they have revised their website & mobile app). Before this I never really event sent money on paypal, only received. They said "the way the money was sent", it was nothing they can do since its in their guidelines - but it never gave me an option. I talked to so many people in Paypal, and finally they "talked" to the person I sent it to, and he "confirmed" the transaction so they settled, and sided with the scammer. It was BS.

I went through a headache, and just chalked it up as a lesson not to trust anything involving shipping. It was a waste of my time and trying to get police reports and all of that, which did nothing in the end. I do have screenshots of the transaction and everything still I'll post up if you really want to see, its just been so long, I gave up.

Just recently, I just happened to stumble across and found a picture of him, so I decided to put him on blast.

Found his myspace profile: https://myspace.com/115120942

Last edited by DOHCTA; 08-10-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:38 AM
LET THE HATE FLOW

Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass Yardjass

I never use that invoice shit or their phone app for just that reason. If I don't see the box checked good's and services, I ain't sending shit.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

drayze2 drayze2 drayze2 drayze2 drayze2 drayze2

Damn
Old 04-13-2017, 04:16 AM
Registered member

turbotyler has disabled reputation

always send money for goods/services on paypal and in the notes section include the transaction info of what ur buying. I think he sent an invoice as a 'gift', not goods / services