Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Samurai/Sidekick/Tracker forum or classifieds

Old 01-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh
Default Samurai/Sidekick/Tracker forum or classifieds

first of all, i made this thread in offroad forum but didnt get many replies, thanks to those who did but i need more info.

I’m looking for any and all info i can get on the above mentioned cars.

Hopefully I will be buying one within the next few months and need some places to find them. The samurai is my priority choice but beggers cant be choosers. If anyone on here has one feel free to post pics for some inspiration.

I’ve emailed sean at aftermarket4x4.com as its 5 minutes from my house and have a few prospective ones to look at.

If anyone on here knows the average retail, maybe i could PM you to see if its a good deal.

and of course, any forums or classifieds near the 757 would be great

p.s. lookin to spend 2g's or less.
thanks,

adam
Old 01-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

757-A_V_8_R has disabled reputation
Default Re: Samurai/Sidekick/Tracker forum or classifieds

try kbb.com they will have a pretty accurate estimation on what you should spend. Cars.com is a pretty good search for used cars. Also check google.....being that your request is so specific you may want to venture out of vadriven into the rest of cyber space to find info. Few people here are going to go google something that you could have done yourself. I wouldn't expect too many of those vehicles outside the offroad section of this site, given its nature. Also you may want to narrow your query down a little more from "any and all info".

Last edited by 757-A_V_8_R; 01-21-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

what ive done so far:

-kbb doesnt really mean anything on these cars as theyre somewhat an icon (at least the sami) and getting more and more rare
-craigslist/autotrader.com/autotrader magazine doesnt have shit for these cars
-signed up on a suzuki forum but not good for classifieds is it is a national one.
-google turned up too many aftermarket pieces and one crappy forum.
-aftermarket4x4.com is my best option with info and for sale section.

i appreciate the concern but ive tried most of what you suggested, and supprisingly a good amount of members on here currently own a sami or at one point have.

im really looking for someone to point me in the right direction to pick one of these up, as well as average gas mileage as it will be a beater, pros/cons of the 1.3L. Miles on a stock motor before it needs a rebuild, FI or carb? etc etc

once again, any reply will help
Old 01-23-2008, 12:20 PM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

What do you want to know?

Have you tried www.zuwharrie.com?

You can also try Zukikrawlers.com and pirate4x4.com
Old 01-23-2008, 12:23 PM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Aftermarket4x4 (Sean Devinney) has lots of Zuk's available, he can set you up with mild to wild. He had a 2.0 Vitara motor in his Samurai.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:30 PM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

Originally Posted by catfSSh
what ive done so far:

-kbb doesnt really mean anything on these cars as theyre somewhat an icon (at least the sami) and getting more and more rare
-craigslist/autotrader.com/autotrader magazine doesnt have shit for these cars
-signed up on a suzuki forum but not good for classifieds is it is a national one.
-google turned up too many aftermarket pieces and one crappy forum.
-aftermarket4x4.com is my best option with info and for sale section.

i appreciate the concern but ive tried most of what you suggested, and supprisingly a good amount of members on here currently own a sami or at one point have.

im really looking for someone to point me in the right direction to pick one of these up, as well as average gas mileage as it will be a beater, pros/cons of the 1.3L. Miles on a stock motor before it needs a rebuild, FI or carb? etc etc

once again, any reply will help
the stock 1.3 is carbed. go fuel injected if you can, namely the 16V motor... HUGE difference. mine had the 16V, a 6.1 ratio t case, and 31's on it and i think i got about 16-17 miles to the gallon with a tope speed of ABOUT 80, depending on conditions, which is awesome in a sami

you don't have to go FI. i know people with the stock motor and they are running just fine and performing likewise
Old 01-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by WutupYo
the stock 1.3 is carbed. go fuel injected if you can, namely the 16V motor... HUGE difference. mine had the 16V, a 6.1 ratio t case, and 31's on it and i think i got about 16-17 miles to the gallon with a tope speed of ABOUT 80, depending on conditions, which is awesome in a sami

you don't have to go FI. i know people with the stock motor and they are running just fine and performing likewise
hopefully this weekend ill be looking at a purple one.

all i know is its a purple sami with a Weber carb'd 1.3L, 3'' lift, 31'' tires, 100k on the motor, header and 2'' exhaust, asking 2k.

how many more miles could i expect from the motor before a rebuild and any idea on gas mileage? also its gotta get me from ches. to radford (5hrs away in the mountains) also i know theyre an icon car so price is hard to determine but does that seem about right?

let me know any input