VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   s2k intake (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/s2k-intake-95856/)

s2k7 05-30-2005 09:03 AM

s2k intake

Well, i've thought about using the money that i sold my bike with to buy a supercharger for my car, but i just dont know yet. For the time being I've read really good reviews on the comptech ice box intake for s2k's.

Is there something better for them out there intake wise till i make up my mind if I wanna blow this money because it's burning a hole in my pocket and I need to make a decision quick :x

growley 05-30-2005 09:43 AM

Re: s2k intake

I don't have an s2k but ive heard things about intakes with s2k's. A co-worker of mine had an AEM cold air intake on his and he sucked up water. You probably would with any regular cold air intake. With a short ram, you'll just be sucking up heat. An air box intake like the comptech one sounds good though. Although it's pretty hard to get much out of an s2k without forced induction.

MattnTheHATch 05-30-2005 09:53 AM

comptech is good. the short ram i had robbed about 10 horses from me.

if you wanna go big money... the mugen one is awsome. very expensive though. the ARC ones might be pretty good too but also big money.

i liked my AEM but like ian says... water suckage with that motor is not a good thing thats for sure.

honestly man, unless you want something that gonna make a ton of noise... just keep it stock. aftermarket intakes dont make much/if any more power. get a JDM filter and call it a day. especially if your gonna go boost.

you could always get ITB's:D now that is fucking awsome on s2k's... but almost as much as boost.

MP5 05-30-2005 09:54 AM

Go to S2ki.com and see what other S2000 owners are running and their opinions on it. Also pm Dave22 and get him to take you for a ride in his vortech powered S2000 that he is trying to sell. He is out of town but should be back around June 8

Flite 05-31-2005 08:17 AM

I had Comptech's. Car made 195whp stock and 210 with comptech intake, HKS exhaust, and V-AFC. I'd say it worked. It looked better than all the other ones, had a better torque curve, and there was no chance of sucking water.

NIC668 05-31-2005 06:29 PM

comptech

jeremy 06-01-2005 03:32 AM

springs, lip, supecharger.
done
plus the s/c comes with its own filter, its kind of like a bonus FREE intake.

:D

s2k7 06-01-2005 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by jeremy
springs, lip, supecharger.
done
plus the s/c comes with its own filter, its kind of like a bonus FREE intake.

:D

already got my lip, springs im not too worried about right now.

jeremy 06-01-2005 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nates95Accord
already got my lip, springs im not too worried about right now.

<--- lipless :(