VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   rx8 spotted (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/rx8-spotted-25300/)

ZoomZoomH 09-07-2003 09:12 AM

Originally posted by HendrickEdition
HP doesnt make a car fast you moron. There is alot to it besides that.

They are slow and ugly. :thdown:

i was dumbing it down so the most of the high schoolers on dragva can understand

if you are so fucking brilliant, why don't you give some examples on how RX-8s are slow.

LXative 09-07-2003 09:44 AM

Originally posted by ZoomZoomH
i was dumbing it down so the most of the high schoolers on dragva can understand

if you are so fucking brilliant, why don't you give some examples on how RX-8s are slow.

It might be fast to you, being you are probably driving a 17 second car like the bulk of the population here.

Shomi 09-07-2003 11:38 AM

RX8 is too awsome, that is all.

jmciver 09-07-2003 02:01 PM

Originally posted by UNCLEBENZ
YES Very!!
So, pray tell, what do you drive? And if it is fast (or so you may think) can it go fast in something other than a straight line?

UNCLEBENZ 09-07-2003 02:05 PM

Originally posted by jmciver
So, pray tell, what do you drive? And if it is fast (or so you may think) can it go fast in something other than a straight line?
I drive a slow mustang, but it's faster than that piece of shit!~

Straight line or not!

Nic 09-07-2003 02:12 PM

Straight line or not!

You're so humble :D

Umm... http://www.dragva.com/features/2003-07.php

And as far as the RX-8, had the shit scared out of me by one taking a corner coming straight at me one night...us drag racers aren't used to cars that can turn :D I don't really like them though, they're aztec ugly.

jmciver 09-07-2003 02:26 PM

Straight line or not!

LOL!!.......You guys really crack me up!!!

You obviously don't know who you are talking to. Now that I know what you drive, I know for a fact I can out drive you in anything with turns (hmm....heavy mustang with big blower and typical mods or lighter BMW M3 with a race suspension, among other things, and a "not so slow" motor).

As for the drag strip, that blower of yours may or may not get me, it depends on how good a driver you are. But I am very confident that I am a better drivier than you are, blower or not. Or are you the type that thinks HP and TQ are all that makes a car faster than another?

Oh, BTW, there are people (on this board, too) who can back up both my car and my driving ability, can you say the same for both areas?

UNCLEBENZ 09-07-2003 03:46 PM

LOL!!.......You guys really crack me up!!!

You obviously don't know who you are talking to. Now that I know what you drive, I know for a fact I can out drive you in anything with turns (hmm....heavy mustang with big blower and typical mods or lighter BMW M3 with a race suspension, among other things, and a "not so slow" motor).

As for the drag strip, that blower of yours may or may not get me, it depends on how good a driver you are. But I am very confident that I am a better drivier than you are, blower or not. Or are you the type that thinks HP and TQ are all that makes a car faster than another?

Oh, BTW, there are people (on this board, too) who can back up both my car and my driving ability, can you say the same for both areas?

I can only say one thing.....the topic that was at hand....RX8's are slow pieces of shit! Isn't that what the debate was all about?

-and- why would I care who you are. I know, you are the guy that thinks that a mustang is like any other mustang and that you are the only one that has modified their car?

-and- Just to clear things up - My suspension when stock has much more to offer over the stock GT (mustang) suspension.

-and- Even if you doubled your TQ and HP you'd still have a ways to go 'till you got near my numbers. :D

-and - a blower makes someone a better driver? I never brag about my car or my driving. YOU seem to think that your shit doesn't stink.

-and- YES I am the one that will "think" that HP TQ and weight will get a car to the finish line. Oh great GURU what else is there, since I obviously "don't know who I'm talking to!"

jmciver 09-07-2003 05:17 PM

I can only say one thing.....the topic that was at hand....RX8's are slow pieces of shit! Isn't that what the debate was all about?

-and- why would I care who you are. I know, you are the guy that thinks that a mustang is like any other mustang and that you are the only one that has modified their car?

-and- Just to clear things up - My suspension when stock has much more to offer over the stock GT (mustang) suspension.

-and- Even if you doubled your TQ and HP you'd still have a ways to go 'till you got near my numbers. :D

-and - a blower makes someone a better driver? I never brag about my car or my driving. YOU seem to think that your shit doesn't stink.

-and- YES I am the one that will "think" that HP TQ and weight will get a car to the finish line. Oh great GURU what else is there, since I obviously "don't know who I'm talking to!"

Yes, you are correct, the topic at hand is the RX-8. Is the car a slow POS? I don't know since I have never driven one. But that is the topic now isn't it?

And you are right, you should not care who I am, nor do I care who you are. And actually, I have nothing against the Mustang, modded or not, and in some cases they can be very fast cars, like yours seems to be. Oh, yeah, I know my car is not the only modded thing out there and is far from the fastest out there. But I can definately hold my own, as I am sure you can.

About your suspension, I really don't care how it compares to the GT Mustang. I believe you were the one who insinuated that you could out maneuver me (which could never happen BTW). Now if you were directing that "straight line or not" commment towards the RX-8, oh well, my bad! But I highly doubt a Mustang, even your highly blown Cobra, can outcorner an RX-8. Mustangs are not designed for that. They are designed for, well, what your car appears to be designed for, to go fast in a straight line. But again, I have not driven an RX-8 or a Cobra (at least not the new one).

And if I doubled my HP/TQ numbers I would have a ways to go before I got near you? Well that is pretty interesting considering you don't know what my HP/TQ numbers are. Hell, I don't even know what my HP/TQ numbers are since I made my last few modifications. But who knows, you may be correct, or not.

And me, bragging about my car and my driving? Well, I guess it would appear that I am doing that, now doesn't it? But then I wasn't the one who made it sound like a Mustang could outmanuever my car. But alas, your comments were directed towards the RX-8. Once again, my bad! And yes, my shit does stink, pretty bad actually.

But I digress, this thread IS about the RX-8 and it's shittiness, or lack there of, not the Mustang Cobra or the BMW M3. So I guess now it is back to the topic at hand........

LXative 09-07-2003 06:38 PM

Yes, you are correct, the topic at hand is the RX-8. Is the car a slow POS? I don't know since I have never driven one. But that is the topic now isn't it?

And you are right, you should not care who I am, nor do I care who you are. And actually, I have nothing against the Mustang, modded or not, and in some cases they can be very fast cars, like yours seems to be. Oh, yeah, I know my car is not the only modded thing out there and is far from the fastest out there. But I can definately hold my own, as I am sure you can.

About your suspension, I really don't care how it compares to the GT Mustang. I believe you were the one who insinuated that you could out maneuver me (which could never happen BTW). Now if you were directing that "straight line or not" commment towards the RX-8, oh well, my bad! But I highly doubt a Mustang, even your highly blown Cobra, can outcorner an RX-8. Mustangs are not designed for that. They are designed for, well, what your car appears to be designed for, to go fast in a straight line. But again, I have not driven an RX-8 or a Cobra (at least not the new one).

And if I doubled my HP/TQ numbers I would have a ways to go before I got near you? Well that is pretty interesting considering you don't know what my HP/TQ numbers are. Hell, I don't even know what my HP/TQ numbers are since I made my last few modifications. But who knows, you may be correct, or not.

And me, bragging about my car and my driving? Well, I guess it would appear that I am doing that, now doesn't it? But then I wasn't the one who made it sound like a Mustang could outmanuever my car. But alas, your comments were directed towards the RX-8. Once again, my bad! And yes, my shit does stink, pretty bad actually.

But I digress, this thread IS about the RX-8 and it's shittiness, or lack there of, not the Mustang Cobra or the BMW M3. So I guess now it is back to the topic at hand........

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noone fucking cares.