Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

rsx guys, a little help steering a n00b in the right direction

Old 10-29-2005, 03:12 PM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default rsx guys, a little help steering a n00b in the right direction

a buddy of mine at work has a rsx type s, completely stock other than the short ram intake i installed on it a couple weeks ago, and he pretty much knows nothing about cars, but he wants to learn. he's asked me to help him out with doing shit to his car- at first he was trying to convince me to pick a turbo kit so he could buy it and then i could install it, but i diverted his attention to staying basic for starters. so he picks up an injen short ram for 45 bucks and i throw it on, he wants to know what to do next. i've looked around on clubrsx a little, but i'd like to avoid poring over pages and pages of posts just to find out what types of headers and exhaust are preferred... in other words, i'm too lazy to do research on a car that doesn't belong to me but i still want to help this guy out by asking dragva.

so basically, what i'd like to know is what YOU guys would have liked to know when you first got your car. he just wants to go fast, he doesn't really care too much for aesthetics or even turning for that matter (i've convinced him to put springs on it, at least, and some aftermarket wheels), but he seems to only have marginal interest in actually racing. like i said, he was all about buying a turbo kit before i convinced him it might be a bad idea if he didn't know what he was doing to boost it, but i think he'd still do it if i told him to. but what's the rsx's potential staying n/a? i've heard it's relatively easy to get them to 200 whp with basic bolt-ons, but i haven't seen too much on what they'll run when they get there.

anyway, i'll be able to ask better questions once i see some people with some know-how willing to divulge their knowledge.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation
Default Re: rsx guys, a little help steering a n00b in the right direction

I/H/E AEM CAI/DC RACEHEADER/your choice of exhaust :my vote: RS*R and HONDATA FLASH4 can get you right @200hp. The greddy turbo kit or JRSC is another good safe mod that can net about 250hp with tune. The I/H/E route is great for him for now. Later on add the JRSC or scrap all that and go Turbo. I have tons of stuff for that car...and a whole car...for sale my .02
Old 10-29-2005, 04:06 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by _crs
I/H/E AEM CAI/DC RACEHEADER/your choice of exhaust :my vote: RS*R and HONDATA FLASH4 can get you right @200hp. The greddy turbo kit or JRSC is another good safe mod that can net about 250hp with tune. The I/H/E route is great for him for now. Later on add the JRSC or scrap all that and go Turbo. I have tons of stuff for that car...and a whole car...for sale my .02
thanks a lot- can you explain what exactly the flash 4 is? i've seen references to it on clubrsx but i have no idea what exactly it is... my best guess would be some sort of piggyback fuel mod?

and the dc raceheader- is that one that replaced the cat with a test pipe, or will affect emissions in any way? his car is registered in maryland so it will have to pass a smog test.

if you like you can pm me with prices on what you've listed, it sounds like a great start. i'm sure he'll be interested in buying something as soon as i tell him this.

also, would anyone happen to know what a 200 whp rsx (i/h/e/flash4) would run in the 1/4?
Old 10-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

i saw one with those exact mods do a 13.7@105

i'll try to find the video before anyone starts arguing.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:25 PM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FR3SHT0D3F
i saw one with those exact mods do a 13.7@105

i'll try to find the video before anyone starts arguing.
Obviously the video is full of it. I/H/E w/ Hondata isn't going to get a RSX to trap 105. Let's see...200whp at 27xxlbs...hmm, 105...nope.

(erm, wait, no weight reduc w/ stock tires, aye?)

Last edited by koreandragn; 10-29-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:32 PM
master debater

yeah that trap seems pretty high... i'll be happy as fuck to trap that in my car. i would expect it to run low 14s, maybe break barely into the 13s... with a trap around 99-100.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

granted, the video shows the run but they didn't film the mods to prove that's what was actually done...that's just what was stated.

you guys are probably right.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:43 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by blackout
yeah that trap seems pretty high... i'll be happy as fuck to trap that in my car. i would expect it to run low 14s, maybe break barely into the 13s... with a trap around 99-100.
to trap that in your s13?

or, if you owned an rsx, you would be happy to trap that?
Old 10-29-2005, 04:49 PM
master debater

Originally Posted by Carter
to trap that in your s13?

or, if you owned an rsx, you would be happy to trap that?
i'd be happy to trap 105 in my s13... it's pretty damn stock and untuned, i'm not very optimistic about the times it's going to run. but i would think it's quicker/faster than an rsx with i/h/e...
Old 10-29-2005, 04:52 PM
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blackout
i'd be happy to trap 105 in my s13... it's pretty damn stock and untuned, i'm not very optimistic about the times it's going to run. but i would think it's quicker/faster than an rsx with i/h/e...
Just run an LS1 from like a 40 or 60 roll :P if ya stay pretty even it'd be safe to say you trap in the ballpark of 105-106.

Quick Reply: rsx guys, a little help steering a n00b in the right direction