Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Roof Scoop

Old 12-26-2004, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metro1 has disabled reputation
Default Roof Scoop

Can someone please tell me how much RWHP a Roof Scoop gives you? I see these often on imports and was just wondering? Or is it used to let the shit smell out of the car when you are driving.

Last edited by Metro1; 12-26-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E
Default Re: Roof Scoop

Personally, I use mine as A/C in summer. It does feel faster though, hope to get to a dyno soon and post the results.

Old 12-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

i dunno how to put this, but shoot yourself.

they are used for cooling/air diverting purposes when applied as such, otherwise they r a mere means of looking more like a ricer and retard than anything else.
4 ex: u can run an air duct from it to anywhere on the car or split the air duct up into two or three for multiple applications.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

Cool, I was just wanting to know just in case I need to get more RWHP for my cobra.

Thanks
Old 12-26-2004, 04:36 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Metro1
Cool, I was just wanting to know just in case I need to get more RWHP for my cobra.

Thanks
good one, i needed that.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

the new ST-i Spec C has a functional retractable roof scoop. The car doesn't come with any air conditioning so it acts as a means of venting some air to the driver/passenger.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

I know your making fun of it, but if I decided to go air/air that would be cool for my car. Feel free to point and laugh and call it rice. Not that I'm considering this option anyways. Not much for permeantly damaging the roof of my car.

I'm sure the roof scoop would add just as much power as those side scoops on the Cobra.
Old 12-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Brian T
I know your making fun of it, but if I decided to go air/air that would be cool for my car. Feel free to point and laugh and call it rice. Not that I'm considering this option anyways. Not much for permeantly damaging the roof of my car.

I'm sure the roof scoop would add just as much power as those side scoops on the Cobra.
I just wanted to know if I should spend $80. for a new upper pulley and get 50-60 more RWHP or buy a roof scoop. It's all good.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:04 PM
DV8
AV6 Virus

DV8 has disabled reputation

so I saw a functional scoop on a NSX 2 days ago... pretty sexy... but if it's not functional... i guess it's just for looks....

I mean, if u have a show car, a roof scoop will make it look even meaner. Same goes with mustang's side scoops
Old 12-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by DV8
so I saw a functional scoop on a NSX 2 days ago... pretty sexy... but if it's not functional... i guess it's just for looks....

I mean, if u have a show car, a roof scoop will make it look even meaner. Same goes with mustang's side scoops
What the side scoops on most mustangs arnt functional . go figure