Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

rockingham insurance aftermarket policy

Old 01-05-2005, 06:03 PM
wtb scoobie snacks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
musicmaniac is on a distinguished road
Default rockingham insurance aftermarket policy

does anyone have experience with rockinham group insurance and how they react with lets say turbo. will they increase the payments, drop u, or what. my rents are being anal about the whole turbo idea and i wanna find proof besides just calling them and asking them since they might catch on
Old 01-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of
Default Re: rockingham insurance aftermarket policy

i haven't heard of insurance raising the price on your insurance for a turbo, heard of them doing it when u go from let's say a neon to a neon srt-4. but more than likely the guys i know prob didn't report the upgrade to insurance.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:06 PM
EF turd

DirtyEF is on a distinguished road

i dont think anyone reports aftermarket upgrades to insurance unless its to their advantage like car alarms
Old 01-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

If you don't report the mods they're not isnured and you don't get "paid" for them if the car is stolen or it's totalled. If you do too many performance mods to a "crappy" car the company will catch on. I work for GEICO and they're on a huge anit-street racing kick. If you come it and have mods we'll take note of them. They don't explicity raise your rates, but they're on file and if yuo ahve a mysterious single car accident we'll know somthings up. Too many times people wreck at teh track or street racing and say , "Gee I was just driving and lost it, or gee I hit a deer" The insurance companies are taking notice.

Modding an import or small car is a red flag. If I put a TT 427 in my car they wouldn't care.... it's the racial profiling of insurance. Young males modifying lower end cars are causing the most losses.

I'd report it just so it's covered. It may raise your rates because you are effectively increasing the value of the car.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

The_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud ofThe_rabbit1 has much to be proud of

sup brian? will they really pay me back for my supercharger if it was on the truck and it got stolen? even if it was paid for already/and used being on the truck?
Old 01-05-2005, 07:46 PM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER

alot of insurances won't even cover you if they find out you have extensive mods, especially any kind of suspension mod. I renewed my policy recently, and noticed that there was this section that actually named cars such as the saleen mustang, bmw dinan, callaway c12, dodge shelby durango, nissan stillen z or stillen maxima, pontiac lingenfelter trans am, roush mustang, or toyota supra hks. That list came straight from gmac. if you own one they would not set up a policy with you. As soon as i told him i had a civic he asked me if it was modified, because if it was they would not give me a policy. ... it's funny they actually named those specific cars, how many people own a hks supra...lol

Last edited by VB2NER; 01-05-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Again it's the racial profiling of insurance... people who heavily mod cars generally get into wierd accidents and like to try and commit fraud... you may not do it, but you are the exception unfortunately.

The GEICO rule for mods keeps changing... used to be that the first $1000 in mods was covered even if it wasn't underwritten on the policy (meaning you called and said hey I added $4500 in wheels/tires, system, and mods). IF you did call is it's covered, because we could take that into account and charge the right rate. Now I think it's technically covered to a point, but we just don't like highly modded cars. BTW GEICO won't insure me b/c i have Long Tube headers... that and they all know I track my car
Old 01-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Fidel runs VBPD

u think they'll cover an avalanche with just a supercharger, full exhaust and full msd digital ignition? oh and a chip.
edit: on 24" 's?
Old 01-05-2005, 08:21 PM
Fanboi

Yeah... I think so... tell them how much the mods cost and that way they'll be covered.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it depends alot on your insurance company. my policy was just for full coverage on my car, no aftermarket parts, etc. i wrecked my car and they fixed everything. as long as i had receipts for my aftermarket stuff right down to my intake filter, they replaced it. even my lil eyelids lol (didnt get new ones tho ). my front bumper they had me call wings west to find out the price b/c i had bought my kit off someone that had it on their car and i showed em the receipt for $400 for the kit..he gave me $398 for the bumper plus $75 for shippin since that is what wings west quoted me a price at.

all in all, i guess it just depends on the company and if there is an accident, the adjuster

Quick Reply: rockingham insurance aftermarket policy