Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

On-Road Emissions ORE

Old 10-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Capt. Spaulding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
simplsi has disabled reputation
Default On-Road Emissions ORE

Searched and did not come up with anything... if so I apologize.

I don't know about everyone on this site, but I do know that me and emissions don't get along to well... but I always seem to find my ways.

But know VA is pulling this crap... check it out and tell me what your thoughts are.

Air Check Virginia’s On-Road Emissions (ORE) Program, sometimes also called a “Remote Sensing” program, follows two pilot studies and several years of preparation. The General Assembly desired a program that could observe a large volume of vehicles with as little inconvenience to the citizens of Virginia as possible. The program is designed to have vehicles with high emissions levels repaired on a timely basis instead of waiting until the next inspection cycle. It will also reward some owners whose vehicles are found to be “exceptionally clean” by allowing up to one additional year registration without another emissions inspection. The ORE program complements the vehicle emissions inspection program that is already operating in the Northern Virginia Region, helping to meet requirements for clean air quality set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

http://www.deq.virginia.gov/mobile/orefaq.html
Old 10-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Capt. Spaulding

simplsi has disabled reputation
Default Re: On-Road Emissions ORE

If you see one of these stations make them known please...

Basically what they are doing is setting up a normal van with emissions equipment and traffic cameras, then taking it onto exit/entrance ramps for highways and setting the staion up to test ever car that drives by. If your in my shoes, it's not going to be fun to pass one of these.

Last edited by simplsi; 10-29-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:15 PM
mmmmmm

Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake

Saw one today and drove past it.

On the 234 on-ramp to North I-95. For those of you that know the ramp, they were set up right past where the 2 ramps merge to make one (after the yield sign).

White van, had ORE written on it. But the sign on the ramp stated "Surveying".
Old 10-29-2007, 07:18 PM
BOOBS>EVERTHING!

4drgsr 4drgsr

Originally Posted by Harold_Fastwake
Saw one today and drove past it.

On the 234 on-ramp to North I-95. For those of you that know the ramp, they were set up right past where the 2 ramps merge to make one (after the yield sign).

White van, had ORE written on it. But the sign on the ramp stated "Surveying".
i see them on the route 50 on-ramp to 7100 ffx county pkwy all the time. i don't worry about it though. i am registered in ga. no cat or secondary 02 sensor ftl!!!! i can smell my own car while i'm driving it.