Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Repainting?

Old 12-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86
Default Repainting?

hey i'm thinking about getting my car repainted sometime in the near future. As many of you know, my S13 is currently black, and i want it repainted the same color black. Now, i know tipically if your repainting a car, the paint should be stripped, filled in nics and scratches, primered then painted, but since this is the same color, are the previous steps necessary? Would the paint flake off prematurely or something?
Old 12-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joegreddy is an unknown quantity at this point

hey whats up man. I work with jeff over at dreamworks. to be honest with you if its stock paint. you can just get away with just sanding it it down putting a nice 2k primer and wetsand and shoot. but if your car has been painted before then you will have to much build up. too much is not good. thats going to be a flake hazard. so it just depends on what kind of aspect your at.