Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Removing wax residue from trim

Old 06-14-2004, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Removing wax residue from trim

I know everyone has had to deal with this at some point in time. What's the best product to remove wax residue from black plastic trim? I use Mother's Back to Black on rubber trim, and it works well. However, it's not that great at getting dried wax off of textured plastic (e.g. door handles, bedliner, etc.). Are there any products out there that you've used that worked well?
Old 06-14-2004, 07:00 PM

doeyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Removing wax residue from trim

Try using a toothbrush with whatever product. Peanut butter, seemingly, can work quite well at cleaning trim =). Use a soft bristle one of course.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:04 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

use a sudsy bucket of Dawn dishwashing liquid.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:25 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by doeyoung
Try using a toothbrush with whatever product. Peanut butter, seemingly, can work quite well at cleaning trim =). Use a soft bristle one of course.
WTF...how on earth did you discover that using peanut butter on any exterior trim is good for it!? I'm not denying it's credibility, I'm just wondering how it was discovered...
Old 06-15-2004, 06:04 AM
MLB! Lets GO!

Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas

hahaha....thats funny....peanut butter....i guess he just ran through the house and started grabbing different stuff to try and get it off, and pb just worked.....do u like leave it on there or what?
Old 06-15-2004, 08:00 AM

doeyoung is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahaha peanut butter isn't something i found out myself. the word was passed on to me and it worked for me. when it comes to the textured trim, soft bristled toothbrush is the most important element.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

You might me SOL. The heat bakes the wax right into the plastic more times than not. The idea is to keep wax far away from areas like that on a car. The cowel (sp?) of my car is the same way, and when I wax my car, I stay clear away from it. You might want to try wax and grease remover with a toothbrush and then wipe it up with a rag. Good luck....

Last edited by Brock Obama; 06-15-2004 at 02:16 PM. Reason: forgot to mention....
Old 06-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

94GT has disabled reputation

LMAO ^ Brock is the master car cleaner he is a specalist lol
Old 06-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 94GT
LMAO ^ Brock is the master car cleaner he is a specalist lol
Old 06-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

peanut butter works.

Quick Reply: Removing wax residue from trim