Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Removing the smell of smoke from a car?

Old 07-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Troll & Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: Removing the smell of smoke from a car?

Mask it with the smell of filthy whores and bodily fluids.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:43 PM
loves quervo

uglyDC2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ShawnD
Mask it with the smell of filthy whores and bodily fluids.
I like this dudes plan of attack pm me if you need help op.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Slimsta Jimsta
fuck that, listen to the potheads. ozium all day.
lolz
Old 07-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
What does airborne bacteria have to do with smoke? Are you smoking bacteria?

You should clean the upholstery, the smoke permeates the fabric and the seat foam and the a nice deep upholstery cleaning gets rid of a lot of the surface chemicals that make the smell.
Once again, I agree steam clean that shit and then some febreeze you will be golden.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Grimace has disabled reputation

Rent an ozone generator. Its what dealerships use to get smells out of preowned cars.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Grimace
Rent an ozone generator. Its what dealerships use to get smells out of preowned cars.
Makes sense, ozone is very reactive and a powerful oxidizer. Never knew they had ozone generators to do stuff like that, that's pretty cool.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:32 AM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Ozium air sanitizer is the best way to keep the air in your home or work space clean and smelling fresh. Ozium does not cover up the odors associated with sewer, pets, cooking and smoking - it eliminates them! . Ozium, the original air purifier, is a chemical agent that actually eliminates smoke and unpleasant odors and reduces airborne bacteria. Ozium actually cleanses the air through glycolized action. The Ozium glycolized formula acts directly on odor causing particles in the air. Ozium is distinguished from other products that simply mask odors. Ozium is an EPA registered air sanitizer and is safe to use residentially or commercially in homes, rental property, hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, veterinary clinics, restaurants, bars, laundry rooms, cars, mobil homes, offices, and just about anywhere there might be an odor problem.
chad, i'll buy the bottle off you if it doesn't work. i'm actually curious now to see how it'll perform haha
Old 07-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Žegistered Member

CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK CRANKWALK

it probably wont help if the person ran the recirculated a/c while smoking, the smell would probably be all in the cabin air filter and all the ducts. my father in law smokes in his car, windows up and it reeks! i borrowed it one weekend and had to drive windows down the entire time, i even left the windows wide open when it was parked.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation

bring it to me for an interior detail. ull be happy
Old 07-03-2009, 08:35 AM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slimsta Jimsta
chad, i'll buy the bottle off you if it doesn't work. i'm actually curious now to see how it'll perform haha
Haha; I've been spraying some febreeze in it and overall it's smelling better, but I'm sure it's going to come back eventually. I'll stop and pick up some of that Ozium stuff tonight.
I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Originally Posted by gen2neon
it probably wont help if the person ran the recirculated a/c while smoking, the smell would probably be all in the cabin air filter and all the ducts. my father in law smokes in his car, windows up and it reeks! i borrowed it one weekend and had to drive windows down the entire time, i even left the windows wide open when it was parked.
Just picked up a new cabin air filter for the car this morning. Nothing I can really do about the ducts though.

Originally Posted by 1slowxr4ti
bring it to me for an interior detail. ull be happy
Actually spent about 2 hrs cleaning the car this morning; interior vacuum and wipe down, as well as an exterior wash. Wish you would have posted earlier.

Quick Reply: Removing the smell of smoke from a car?