VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   Remote Start Recommendations - 2010 Honda Accord (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/remote-start-recommendations-2010-honda-accord-424538/)

Hybrid AWD 12-24-2011 01:27 PM

Remote Start Recommendations - 2010 Honda Accord

Looking to get a remote start installed on my gf's car. She drives a 2010 Honda Accord Coupe.

Can you guys give me recommendations on not only a kit but also a place to have it installed?

Computer_Nerd 12-24-2011 01:41 PM

Re: Remote Start Recommendations - 2010 Honda Accord

whatever's on sale at best buy.

there are plenty of people who are able to install it. big difference if it's a manual or automatic transmission on some kits (may require extra relay).

i have a remote start on my truck and never use it. chicks and gas engines are different, though.

Hybrid AWD 12-24-2011 01:56 PM

Haha, I just know she would like to have one.

Id be nice to find something that isn't bulky and integrates well with the Accord. It's an automatic and fully loaded with the exception of remote start (not sure why).

I use my remote start when it gets really cold outside, mainly because it turns on the seat warmers and heat once the truck reaches "x" temp, its pretty sweet.

MORE IMPATIENT 12-26-2011 02:34 AM

I bought a unit for my wifes car. dei avital 4003 or something like that. requires the transponder bypass unit, I just need to install it now. My buddy Jody is a knowledgeable installer and he reccomended this unit since its made by dei and is fairly cheap, yet reliable and not bobo. My wife will use this shit everyday once I get it installed.

Dubee88 12-26-2011 04:31 AM

avital 4103's are cheap as crap on amazon. like 40-50 bucks. buy the flcan while youre on there too. right around another 50-60 bucks. only downside to that is if you go to a best buy or a shop you will have to pay labor separately for the install. at a shop like best buy youre looking at around 175-200 for labor.

stick with avital, viper, python and brands that are made by Directed Electronics or DEI. They are the industry leader in remote start and convenience products.

and check craigslist for installers looking for side work...

bumada 12-26-2011 05:01 AM

Get a honda factory one. The factory units will be rather expensive from the dealership but you'll be able to haggle them a bit as they'll do anything for a sale.

kanadaa 12-26-2011 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee88 (Post 7542709)
avital 4103's are cheap as crap on amazon. like 40-50 bucks. buy the flcan while youre on there too. right around another 50-60 bucks. only downside to that is if you go to a best buy or a shop you will have to pay labor separately for the install. at a shop like best buy youre looking at around 175-200 for labor.

stick with avital, viper, python and brands that are made by Directed Electronics or DEI. They are the industry leader in remote start and convenience products.

and check craigslist for installers looking for side work...

Install is included with the price of the remote start. You will be looking at $30 to install the flcan.

Nick, I had the viper 5901 on the 240 and loved it. It's a little pricey but definitely worth it.

Dubee88 12-26-2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by kanadaa (Post 7542804)
Install is included with the price of the remote start. You will be looking at $30 to install the flcan.

Nick, I had the viper 5901 on the 240 and loved it. It's a little pricey but definitely worth it.

wrong. install is only included for the remote start if you buy from them. the flcan will run you 100 bucks for the box itself if you buy from them. i was saying he could save money if he bought the product from amazon but he would pay full price for labor...

and acrytet70 you might wanna buy sponsor before you advertise and pander your shop/services