Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Registered Importer Help for my 1991 Soarer to the US

Old 04-03-2012, 05:00 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TrickyT has disabled reputation
Default Registered Importer Help for my 1991 Soarer to the US

Well first off id like to say hey as im new on here, as im over in the United Kingdom for past 3 years (US Military) and have orders to Langley AFB. I currently have a 1991 Toyota Soarer and due to SC300/SC400 being same body style was looking to see if anyone knew of or was a registered importer to help me see if it is even worth it money wise to bring back to the states. Had a look on the NHTSA website but my legal skills are not that great so was just looking for help or anyone who has imported a car from Japan or UK before to help. Thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Registered Importer Help for my 1991 Soarer to the US

See sticky thread at top of this subforum.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:04 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Holy fuck....a sticky on said subject?

Fuck.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Old 04-04-2012, 02:56 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
See sticky thread at top of this subforum.
Yes i did look at the sticky... much talk is about a car i already owned... Skyline... and the NHTSA do not update Registered Importers list that often hints why i put "Registered Importer Help", not "how to get a skyline in the states"... thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 05:29 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by TrickyT
Yes i did look at the sticky... much talk is about a car i already owned... Skyline... and the NHTSA do not update Registered Importers list that often hints why i put "Registered Importer Help", not "how to get a skyline in the states"... thanks

The NHTSA laws aren't written only for Skylines, so if the shoe fits...

Actually, let me make that more clear. Every place you see "Skyline", insert "Soarer" instead.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Actually, let me make that more clear. Every place you see "Skyline", insert "Soarer" instead.
THIS.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

But guys, you didnt tell him about the 150% markup in import tarriffs they give to Soarers due to their construction....

Holy fucking MAGNETS, Batman...... how do they goddamn WORK.....
Old 04-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Banned

FatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these parts

How About Bringing it in Through Canada?
There are a number of Soarer in Canada, and many pop up for sale from time to time. However, Soarer don't count under the Canadian Market category as they were never originally manufactured for exportation to the Canadian market. Thus these vehicles will be processed the same as a vehicle imported from Japan. Of course, with them simply being a "border away" it would be far easier for a Canadian Soarer to enter the gray market. Still, US Customs will have the final say at the border, and the buyer risks seizure of their vehicle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsVWFGO7aQ With the advances in modern technology, I'm confident you can make it now. GO FOR THE GOLD!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:42 AM
Registered Member

R_E_G_I_S_T_E_R_E_D I_M_P_O_R_T_E_R... dont know how to spell it out anymore for you... im looking for a local RI due to list being very short on VA RI's... not "laws"

Quick Reply: Registered Importer Help for my 1991 Soarer to the US